My wifi won't connect.

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Just got my X2. The wifi finds my router, but won't connect.

D-Link DIR-601 is the router. I tried resetting the router. My D1 and my wife's ALLY both connected fine.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Having it right now with my REPLACEMENT phone. There's also a storm going on so I hoped that factored in, even though it shows my network and I have a good connection. You in the southeast by any chance?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Well actually I resolved mine...

My issue was I would try to connect, enter in the WEP key, then it would continuously say IP obtaining address and connect/disconnect. What I didn't realize was that I was adding in two extra numbers to the WEP key that I was almost positiver were in it. But, sure enough...

Not saying this is your problem, but it may be worth it to double check your router's wireless page to make sure you're using the correct WEP or it's on the correct channel. Hope this helps.

/facepalm

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
By WEP key, do you mean my password? Thats all it asks me to input, but yeah, mine is doing the same thing. Optaining IP, then connect/ disconnect.

Honestly, I set my router up months ago and it worked and I haven't messed with it since. I'm not even sure if I remember how to make changes.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Yeah the WEP key is the password. All you should have to do is type your IP address into your browser and it'll bring up your routers config page. Find the wireless settings and eventually you'll see the WEP number.

Willie_gs

Reaction score
Mine started doing it a couple days ago. Won't connect at all. Until I either restarted the phone or established a new connection with router. It was working fine since i got it before it hit the shelves.

Only thing i added since last week google+, which is also slowing down the phone a bit.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

magman

Reaction score
mine is doing the same thing connecting then disconnects i even took the password on my router and it still does it

magman

Reaction score
just got off the phone with verizon and they dont know whats up ethier anyone else know?

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I haven't tried to use WiFi in the past few days, I'll be sure to try it once I reach a location with an obtainable connection.

In the mean time, I recommend forgetting the location on your device, then rediscover it. Before you connect, ensure that the information (network name, password, etc) is all correct. If that doesn't resolve the problem, you could try wiping data and cache as that is where remembered connections are stored. If that, again fails to work, I'd almost certainly believe its a hardware issue.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Mine works now. I ended up following a thread on a different forum that I found through a search. Basically I had to change the router settings to a different protocall. I then had to redo the connection on my Wii as well so that it would connect again.