N00b help - ota'd - missing apps

macnab

Reaction score
First off I am still a droid noob, so I may be missing some basics that vets no longer bother mentioning. I appreciate your patience and help.

Tonight I just SBF'ed from rubix 1.9.0 (back to 2.3.15 SBF) so that I could get the system OTA, so that I can eventually move to 1.9.5. and forward.

After getting the OTA I was thinking I would live/suffer with the factory ROM for a couple days, test the HDMI output (I bought a cable and never used it with Rubix), mainly because I want to test the other side of the fence before I load the latest rubix.

Issue: some of my apps are not re-installing themselves on the OTA ROM:
- my barcode reader app
- root explorer
- z4root [I grabbed the APK for this one and did it myself]

Is this because I did not buy these apps via the market? I don't recall how I got my barcode app, but I know I just DL'ed (and paid for) Root Explorer via barcode.

How best to go about getting my missing apps back in place? I thought my google account backed my apps up?

Thanks,
Mac

====

EDIT: Ummm, so the n00b hit the menu button while in the market, and selected "My Apps". All seem to be downloading now. :)

(Why would some apps come down automatically before, and some wait for me to do this?)

====

Edit 2: Blur is ridiculous. 1.9.5 goes on in the morning.

Last edited:

jsw6380a

Reaction score
The market will hold your item as "purchased" or "installed" Did you get titanium backup??

OP
M

macnab

Reaction score
I had some apps that were stuck in “starting download" mode. I had to cycle the radio and wifi to get them going. It's all good now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jsw6380a

Reaction score
Were you in an extended area? I went out of town for two days and tried a couple ROMS while I was gone. It was the biggest mistake ever.. It took about 20 minutes per app to download... And for some reason wifi wouldn't help it along either..