Need a little help....

The yellow recovery 3.2.x is fixed and fully working.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

From this afternoon:

The yellow/ lime recovery gets hung up on /sdcard/.android_secure... when restoring a nandroid backup n wiping data/factory reset 4 me every time so i had 2 flash back 2 times infinity recovery 2 do those things... no big but just thought u should know

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

I thought I included that change in my recovery. Will get the change and add it into an upcoming version, thanks for the notice :)

Ok, feeling really stupid. I goto the kernal page you suggested but not sure what to download, or how.

At the bottom of the OP is a link "Visit here for updated kernels". Click on that. Then decide whether you want stock voltage, -50 undervolted, or -100 undervolted. Further undervolting = better battery life is the idea. I've been running -100 with great results.

Ok, got the files all in order. Now to get started. Do I do any wipes, or just go into odin and put the radio and clockwork files in.

One more thing, is the comrom a voodoo or nonvoodoo?

No wipes for Odin. Do the radio file first, then boot the phone up and check Settings>About phone and make sure the baseband changes to EC01. If not, do the flash again, sometimes it takes a couple times. When you get it changed, power the phone down and follow the instructions again to flash the ClockworkMod Recovery file.

One more thing, is the comrom a voodoo or nonvoodoo?

CommROM is voodoo and you want the voodoo version of PB & J. Do you know if you're on voodoo or non voodoo now? If you're on non voodoo now, when you flash CommROM and the new kernel, the first reboot is going to take several minutes (up to 20 or so) and your phone will talk to you along the way while it's enabling voodoo lagfix.

Can I install both files through Odin without rebooting, or do I do the instructions exactly as they are written 2 times?

I believe its non voodoo right now. Never heard the lady talking before, and it didnt take long the last time I did this.

Can I install both files through Odin without rebooting, or do I do the instructions exactly as they are written 2 times?

It wouldn't hurt anything to do both. If you're going to do that, once the first flash is done, unplug the phone and press "Reset" in Odin, then start over for the second.

I believe its non voodoo right now. Never heard the lady talking before, and it didnt take long the last time I did this.

You'll hear her talking this time. Your phone is going to perform better being voodoo, only thing to remember is that if you want to switch back to nonvoodoo (I never have) you need to disable lagfix first or you'll have a mess on your hands.

Im really appreciating your help. Cheers to you and thanks a ton. Got the radio and recovery loaded. Going to do the ROM now.

No problem. Once the ROM flash is done, either select "Go Back" or press the Menu softkey to return to the previous menu in Clockwork Recovery and then flash the PB & J kernel.

Are ya gettin' anywhere?

all worked great. Thanks a ton for all your help. Not sure if I like the bland look of the comRom. Is that something I can change with a theme? Or do I need to get a whole new ROM?

all worked great. Thanks a ton for all your help. Not sure if I like the bland look of the comRom. Is that something I can change with a theme? Or do I need to get a whole new ROM?

Glad you got it. Tons of sweet themes for CommROM! Check out the themes section at XDA. Make sure it says it's for CommROM, download and put on sdcard, boot into recoery, wipe cache partition and dalvike cache x 3 each, flash and reboot.

Back