Need help! Possibly bricked my phone!

Crash Plague

Reaction score
I was able to root my LG Ally, mainly so I could use themes with MetaMorph. Rooting went fine. After applying a theme with metamorph however, strange things started happening. First, I noticed that I had no service, anywhere. The date showed the year as 1980. My contacts was gone (like, not my contacts, the actual contacts INTERFACE was gone) as well as the phone interface was gone. Trying to go to them would give me errors like "Sorry! The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again!" And giving me the "force close." button.

So, I went around the web looking for what I needed to do to fix the phone. I learned how to reset the phone which claimed that it would restore the phone to how it was from the factory. It didn't. It brought me back to the initial "Welcome to Ally!" screen. Touch the android to begin.

Touching the android does nothing. The error pops up: "The application Voice Search (process com.google.android.voicesearch) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

What can I do guys? I don't care if I lose root, or anything. I just want to get the phone back working again...

titans1

Reaction score
did you create a back up before you started all this? If you did flash back to that. If you didnt then you are in some trouble.

OP
C

Crash Plague

Reaction score
The phone restore cleared everything out. Fortunately I can now get past the "Touch the android to begin" with the tapping the four corners so I can get the phone to connect to my PC. That's all the "progress" i have so far...

importune

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, your phone isn't bricked. Bricked means the phone doesnt do anything, no boot, no use, just a brick. Because your phone can boot up you can still boot in to recovery and flash a stock ROM. Im on my phone or id find you a guide... goolgle how to flash roms on lg ally, and then look for a stock lg ally rom. A stock rom will rewrite everything on the phone, making it exactly the same as a new phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
Last edited: