Need to Retrieve Password

Newps

Reaction score
I have a web cam app installed on my S22. I lost the password and of course on the app it is just dots with no provision to reveal it. How can I retrieve the password?

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
There is no option to show a password? I would think you would have to reset it..

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
Can't do that as they are not my webcams. I thought there would be a way to retrieve the stored passwords off my device like there is on my Windows PC.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I know when I use apps like Chrome I have passwords in my settings I can retrieve..but not sure if the individual app stores it ..

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Can't do that as they are not my webcams. I thought there would be a way to retrieve the stored passwords off my device like there is on my Windows PC.
Not your webcams? Stolen phone? If you do have 'access' to the Google account registered to the phone you may be able to retrieve some passwords there.

I was amazed once how many of my passwords Goog knows especially since I don't remember asking going to do so. When it pops up on my phone, I say no. Yet . . .

OP
N

Newps

Reaction score
They are webcams at an airport near me. I installed the app on my phone and one of the guys at the airport put in the username and password into the app. Was thinking there was an app to tell me what all the passwords are for my apps just like I have on my PC.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
They are webcams at an airport near me. I installed the app on my phone and one of the guys at the airport put in the username and password into the app. Was thinking there was an app to tell me what all the passwords are for my apps just like I have on my PC.
I was using a computer while logged into my Google account when I found out all the passwords goog has been 'saving' (stealing) for me. Won't find that info from a phone interface.

ggrant3876

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung S23 Ultra
Just type password manager in to your google account and you will have to sign with your google account. Google has all your passwords stored, you can also access it from Chrome settings.