New 1.09.01.0722 Radio Now Available

ABQNM

Reaction score
The radio has been extracted from the new OTA update and posted on XDA and Rootzwiki. XDA: [RADIO] HTC Incredible 2 Radios [PG32IMG.zip] (Updated: 20 Sept 2011) - xda-developers RW: [RADIO] HTC Incredible 2 Radios [PG32IMG.zip] (Updated: 20 Sept 2011) (I didn't do the work, just getting the information out there.)

I pulled this from the unsigned dump posted by jcase last night and have been running for about 13 hours now. I am seeing a significant improvement. (I am running MIUI, but that doesn't really matter that much for the radio.) Previously with 0622, I was consistently 10-20dbm lower than my OG Droid sitting right next to it. Now they are almost equal. I have never seen my dinc2 get better than -80 and I am currently at -73dbm in the same location where before the flash I was at usually -85 to -100dbm.

Seems like a keeper.

Edit:

One thing that these install threads do not share is to delete the file from the card after you are done or rename it to something other than PG32IMG.zip or every time you try to boot to recovery (or the bootloader) it will try to install the radio again. If the file has become corrupted and you install it again, big problems can result.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is good info, but as a noob, I have to ask, what is ADB that is referred to in the install? Where would I get that? Also, how do I ensure I have s-off? Thanks!

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Here is a great easy adb solution from ChevyNo1 who is a great Moto developer. Just unzip to your c drive and run from the folder. You then just put the file in that folder and follow the commands above. http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?t=2175

Alternately, a slightly riskier method but much easier, is to just put the file on the so card on your phone. Name it PG32IMG.zip and then run Android File Verifier free from the market to check the MD5 from the phone. If it matches power off the phone. Hold down the volume down key and press power and release the volume key when the bootloader appears. It will search the sd card and find it and ask to install. When it finishes in a minute or two choose the option to reboot and you are done.

I take no responsibility for anything that happens. This is just fyi.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Reaction score
Here is a great easy adb solution from ChevyNo1 who is a great Moto developer. Just unzip to your c drive and run from the folder. You then just put the file in that folder and follow the commands above. Your #1 ADB Source!! - 7/29/11

Alternately, a slightly riskier method but much easier, is to just put the file on the so card on your phone. Name it PG32IMG.zip and then run Android File Verifier free from the market to check the MD5 from the phone. If it matches power off the phone. Hold down the volume down key and press power and release the volume key when the bootloader appears. It will search the sd card and find it and ask to install. When it finishes in a minute or two choose the option to reboot and you are done.

I take no responsibility for anything that happens. This is just fyi.

I tried the second option and it worked like a charm. At least it didn't brick my phone! Is there a way to verify the new radio install? Thanks again!

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
You're welcome. Verifying will vary slightly depending on the rom you are running but it will be somewhere in settings > about phone. It may say radio or baseband.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
One thing that these install threads do not share is to delete the file from the card after you are done or rename it to something other than PG32IMG.zip or every time you try to boot to recovery (or the bootloader) it will try to install the radio again. If the file has become corrupted and you install it again, big problems can result.

sjpritch25

Reaction score
If you do happen to forget to delete the PG32IMG.zip on your sd card, don't freak out. When you get stuck at hboot, just cancel the update. Pull your sd card out of the slot, boot into recovery, immediately place card back into slot and via CWM just reboot. That will allow you to reboot back into your rom. Then using file explorer you can delete the file. It happened to me and it worked.

OP
ABQNM

ABQNM

Reaction score
Thanks for the details on getting around it. I just thought I would add the warning since I always see these questions pop up "Help I can't get into recovery" and figured I should help prevent it from happening.