new update

mickey7kk

Reaction score
I updated my phone on Saturday, it messed my whole phone up. I ended up doing a factory reset. But the gallery and media that once were there can't find. Its was together before and I could access my Facebook photos also. My contact photos are not coming up either... I have re-down loaded all apps.. Please help, very frustrated

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Gallery, files and media have been separated into indiidual apps in JB. Kind of frustrating at first but it does work better that way IMHO.

FB/COntact photos is hit and miss. Let all your contacts restore then sync your FB contacts and reboot. They *should* start to sync back up.

David

OP
M

mickey7kk

Reaction score
Thanks for explaining..

I have sync FB with contacts. They do show in the address book. But the favorite bar at the top of the home screen doesn't show there photo, just there name gray box. But if you go into contact the photo is there. How do I fix this.. I have rebooted a few. No luck.

Djhensley

Reaction score
My phone is really messed up. The sweet little carousel in my gallery is now just another flat grid, the setting for selecting mute, vibrate or ring in setting menu now involves another step to go to silent, and am unable to take screen lock off, even when I click no screen lock. I am really upset. I thought updates were supposed to make things better not just complicate things for the user. I understand from tech support this is all a google thing. About ready to stop using google on all my devices.

CitySlaka

Reaction score
I just got asked to update my RAZR. I'm rooted and running on jelly bean. My question is what's new in this update our does Verizon just want my entitlement hack to be history. Ty for the info.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a small update to increase gsm connectivity and a few security paches. Probably best not to update or risk losing root.