newly flashed

nkoss

Reaction score
I am new at this stuff, so be kind....

I rooted and flashed with Eclipse 3.0. On the first boot to Eclipse, it took an inordinately long time. First question...do you expect the first time to go almost 2 hours??? I was able to get into some sort of recovery menu by pressing BOTH volume controls and the power button, but I was not sure what those menu choices were, but somehow it eventually got into Eclipse.

I use Android 2.3.4, System 5.9.905 and Kernel 2.6.35.7.

That's enough for now...thanks

useltonm

Reaction score
The first time you boot into a newly flashed ROM, it takes a while. 2 hours however seems a bit excessive. I know I've had problems with booting into a new ROM when I skip steps. For instance, wiping cache and dalvik cache seems to greatly reduce the time it takes to get past the animation on first boot.

Did you install bootstrap or safe strap? It makes doing backups really easy if you have 1 of these recoveries installed.

Last edited:
OP
N

nkoss

Reaction score
Yes, I thought it was a bit excessive, but the good news is that the final result was good. Also, I did indeed first wipe the cache and the Davlik cache.

useltonm

Reaction score
You're much more patient than I am. After about five minutes I go back and rewipe the caches. If that doesn't work I go back and reflash.