No Recovery

brad92

Silver Member
I'm running CM7GB and Boot Manager and I have no recovery. I can't access it through CM7, ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager... I don't want to have to sbf again since I have had to do it 3 times this weekend... any ideas?

CM7 & DSX via Boot Manager

leftspin

I'm running CM7GB and Boot Manager and I have no recovery. I can't access it through CM7, ROM Toolbox or ROM Manager... I don't want to have to sbf again since I have had to do it 3 times this weekend... any ideas?

I'm not sure if this would do anything or is even a good idea but have you tried using the Droid 2 Bootstrap?

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
I haven't tried it because I know it usually bricks the phone and as of right now, everything else works... I have class in the morning so I might actually give that a try later tomorrow since I'll probably have to sbf anyway

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Have you tried flashing recovery using ROM Manager? Also ensure you flash 2nd init recovery.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
I tweeted cvpcs asking if he might have a sbf of clockwork recovery, he didn't answer. If anyone knows where to get it please share, or ask koush as I don't get along with him.

This negates needing to sbf the whole system as long as you have a previous cwr backup. I have a version for the OG so I know it's a valid method of recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
I tweeted cvpcs asking if he might have a sbf of clockwork recovery, he didn't answer. If anyone knows where to get it please share, or ask koush as I don't get along with him.

This negates needing to sbf the whole system as long as you have a previous cwr backup. I have a version for the OG so I know it's a valid method of recovery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I must admit, that would be pretty sweet. Its annoying having to sbf because I don't have recovery, even though everything else is working fine

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
I just got pissed off and sbf'd. Now all is good

CM7, DSX & ICX via Boot Manager