No Samsung Link on Edge+?

SallyC

Reaction score
I got an Edge + today and when I tried to install Samsung Link I found out it doesn't work with this device. I liked being able to do wireless transfer of photos between my pc, tablet and phone.

I have my photos in Google's cloud so I thought maybe the Photos app would allow me to download some but no joy. A few choices looked promising but ended up with a message about it not being supported.

Any ideas on on how to view and share folders and files between devices? I'm bummed Link isn't an option. That worked easily between my pc , tablet, and old S4.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I wonder if SideSync does the same thing? Maybe that's Samsung's replacement for Samsung Link. The description says you can transfer music, videos, etc between PC, phone and tablet.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Near as I can figure, SideSync is great if I want to connect to my phone from my PC, but I don't see any way it allows me to access the photos on my PC from my phone. It's very frustrating. First Samsung had AllShare, then they went to Samsung Link. Now it appears this functionality has just simply been sunset.

I did find the drop down menu in Gallery allows me to connect to nearby devices and it did find my PC. But it limited the seen files to one folder and I'm not sure why yet. And that still doesn't give me the ability to transfer from my pc to my phone or tablet.

Is this really so much to ask, lol! I had no idea I was so high maintenance!

I think AirDroid may have something like this. I guess I'll have to keep looking. Thanks for your input. At least I know this isn't something everyone else knows how to do but me.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, it is not very smart of Samsung to keep changing things that work well. Makes no sense, especially now that they don't give you external SD card capabilities. I used to use teamviewer to transfer files between my devices. I just started using AirDroid. Hopefully something like that will work for you. In the meantime maybe someone else knows something that we don't.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
I wrote Samsung, and fwiw, here's what they said:

Please know that the developers of the application informed us in regards of the fact that Samsung Link does not work properly at the moment with newer devices, ones that have an 5.0 and upwards Android version.

They are currently working on an update for the application, so it will be completely compatible with GALAXY S6 devices in the nearby future, after the update gets released

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Wow, they better get their rears in gear! Someone is messing up. Makes you wonder if you want to trust that any of their apps will be updated in a timely fashion.

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
Okay so it turns out I was wrong about Google Photos. In case anyone else wants to do this, the secret is to select the photo so it's in view mode (not selecting it when it's a thumbnail on a grid with other photos). Then there's the three dots menu in the upper right where you can select download. You can't batch download, but if you just want to transfer some of your photos, it'll work. :)

OP
SallyC

SallyC

Reaction score
A happy ending to my thread. On Play I couldn't get Samsung Link for my Edge+ because it said it was incompatible with my device. So I just was looking around on the Galaxy Apps app and it let me download it - and it works great!!!

So once again I can easily view and transfer photos and files between all my devices plus have it automatically upload any photos I take to my pc so they're backed up and safe.

Don't you just love happy endings?

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I found their 5.0 reply pretty odd seeing as how I use Link on my Note Edge running 5.0x.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
A happy ending to my thread. On Play I couldn't get Samsung Link for my Edge+ because it said it was incompatible with my device. So I just was looking around on the Galaxy Apps app and it let me download it - and it works great!!!

So once again I can easily view and transfer photos and files between all my devices plus have it automatically upload any photos I take to my pc so they're backed up and safe.

Don't you just love happy endings?

Yay! ! I think I may have to check Galaxy Apps out.