Note 3 (T-Mobile) Car Dock Mode

thc1967

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to make this work...

I use Car Home Ultra (paid version).

Up until late last week, I was using a Note 3 from Verizon. I remember fiddling with something in the phone or app settings and once I did that, whenever I plugged my car charger cable into it (it acts like a hardware dock), Car Home Ultra would automatically start and would become the app that the Home button launches. When I unplugged the cable, Car Home Ultra would close automatically and the Home button became the usual home screen.

I did this all without rooting. (I'm not opposed to rooting, but I'd need a really good reason to do it and I'm well past my desire to tinker.)

I can't figure out how to do that on my new T-Mobile based Note 3.

You are correct that this can be done without root...

Go to Settings>General>Accessory and make sure that "Audio Output Mode" and "Desk Home Screen Display" are checked.

hope this helps.

That did the trick. Thank you!

How do I turn on the docking app, without actually attaching to a docking station? I have a Universal iBolt holder, and I want to use it as a docking station. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have already "checked" - Accessory-Audio output mode , and Desk home screen display.

I just have not been able to activate dock.

Thanks in advance for any information.

How do I turn on the docking app, without actually attaching to a docking station? I have a Universal iBolt holder, and I want to use it as a docking station. Any assistance would be appreciated. I have already "checked" - Accessory-Audio output mode , and Desk home screen display.

I just have not been able to activate dock.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Usually if i wanted to open the app without attaching the phone to the dock, I would open it as you would a normal app. Is there something you are trying to do specifically??

Back