Nothing seems to help

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend got the Thunderbolt. Awesome phone, but the battery life is horrendous.

I read the forums, tried turning down brightness, set lock screen for 30 seconds, turned off auto synch most of the time, got rid of the Facebook widgets and things that always try to update in the background.

If anything, her battery life has gotten worse. She charged the phone all night, left my place and by the time she got to her apartment, the battery was half dead in less than 2 hours.

She doesn't want to disable 4G, as 4G was the only reason she got that particular phone. Makes no sense to disable the main selling point of the device. That's like buying a Corvette and removing 5 of the spark plug wires to keep it from breaking down on the way to the store...

She has been watching the battery monitor and the screen seems to be using like 90% of the power, and yet, most of the time the screen is off.

So what else should we check? Does it sound like the battery itself is flunky?

She loves the phone, but if it cannot go for more than 3 or 4 hours on a charge under light usage, or not even using it at all, then it is pretty much useless.

Any idears?

jeremycnly

Reaction score
I do not own a thunderbolt but I know what u could do....either turn off 4g of face the concequences. Or root your phone and downclock your phone. There are some Roms you can look at I heard of one that overclocks to 1.2 and increases battery life, I don't know how that works but I can assure you the main battery sucker is the 4g and you should toggle off when not in use

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
I do not own a thunderbolt but I know what u could do....either turn off 4g of face the concequences. Or root your phone and downclock your phone. There are some Roms you can look at I heard of one that overclocks to 1.2 and increases battery life, I don't know how that works but I can assure you the main battery sucker is the 4g and you should toggle off when not in use

Well, the thing is that 4G doesn't seem to be what is draining the battery. When you look at the battery stats, it says that the display used 90%.

I will put the 4G toggle on her desktop and see if that makes a difference, but if having 4G means 3 hour battery life, then 4G totally sucks and is utterly worthless and someone at Verizon should be shot for putting this product on the market.

There has to be a better solution than to disable the #1 reason for having the phone, and then rooting and underclocking it or installing a ROM and voiding your warranty in order to make it even usable.

jeremycnly

Reaction score
Trust me man thunderbolt is a badass phone but the battery life is ridiculous I hope they sort it out with later LTE phones but we will see. Arebu running any live wallpapers? And set ur display brightness to auto but I garrenttee u its the 4g.

OP
SquireSCA

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Trust me man thunderbolt is a badass phone but the battery life is ridiculous I hope they sort it out with later LTE phones but we will see. Arebu running any live wallpapers? And set ur display brightness to auto but I garrenttee u its the 4g.

Brightness is on 50%. No live wallpapers.

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
Download spareparts or phone info that will tell if something is specifically killing the battery screen will always be high don't use auto backlight cause most of the time it doesn't adjust low enough is some situations.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

mikeyo1990

Reaction score
Yeah man 50% brightness kills mine pretty quickly I'm on about 20% and when I'm not worried having to have my phone charged then bump it up to about 35%

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

droidFreak190

Reaction score
root the phone...then load a custom kernel..then download setCPU and underclock to 300 mhz and overclock to 1000 mhz...then set up a profile for when the screen is off ranging from 300mhz to 700mhz...make sure the profiles are enabled and also make sure the governors are set to on demand..

i get 15 hours of battery life with a lot of play......this is with no 4g turned on tho...4g murders the battery..so does restarting the phone