Phone anxiety

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
I thought everyone loves using their phones... excitedly waiting for texts, phone calls, checking social media, etc. It never occurs to me that phone anxiety exists.

The fear and panic the moment your phone rings or whenever there is a need to call someone (like making important appointments), wondering if you'll do it or not.

"Should I just ignore it?"
"What if it's an important call?"
"What am I going to say?"
"What if I say the wrong thing?"

...and more thoughts doing its tricks on your mind. The introvert in you just wanting to run away.... Have you experienced such?

deergadget

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 5
My friend's child has phone anxiety since she is bullied and harassed through social media and she panicked when she received a call especially from an unknown number.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
My friend's child has phone anxiety since she is bullied and harassed through social media and she panicked when she received a call especially from an unknown number.
That's the downside of being so connected.

OP
C

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2

This sounds serious. Have your friend considered counseling? You know, anxiety can get worse. There is an online counseling site called ReGain that can help your friend's child get over the anxiety brought about by the bullying and harassment she experienced. I hope you tell your friend about it so the child can process her pain.

OP
C

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
That's the downside of being so connected.

Heard of some school children who are being harassed on FB and chatrooms. It's important to watch over them and who they talk to.