Phone lag if you go to long between reboots

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
With GB I hardly ever rebooted. Sometimes going months between reboots. I can't do that with ICS. If I go much more than a week the phone lag gets horrendous until I do a reboot.

Anyone else seeing this?

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
When I was on .211 I noticed this. I did an FDR and upgraded to the leaked .215 and haven't had any issues since!

jaybogg

Reaction score
Does a reboot wipe data caches? I don't use my data much at all(although have unlimited), never reboot, and I haven't seen much lag other than .215 being a bit "snappier" as they say here. Last reboot I did was to install .215. Just thought it might be data caches if you are a heavy user of data.

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just like a regular computer, these phones get "tired" ... especially after moderate to heavy usage. Rebooting every once in a while is a good thing. :)

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Does a reboot wipe data caches? I don't use my data much at all(although have unlimited), never reboot, and I haven't seen much lag other than .215 being a bit "snappier" as they say here. Last reboot I did was to install .215. Just thought it might be data caches if you are a heavy user of data.

A reboot will not wipe cache completely no, you will have to boot into recovery and do it from there to make sure everything is clear. I do it once a week, along with a hard reset.

B0B0

Reaction score
I've noticed this too. Seems with heavy usage about 2 weeks is as long as I can go before it starts to get realllly choppy on me and act funny.

Supposedly Android OS solved this issue (iOS has a similar issue) but apparently they did not solve it.