Photo Location/Storage/Transfer

mamafox

Reaction score
Hi! I'm relatively new to smartphone life and while I have a lot to learn, my goal at the moment is to figure out how to manage my photos. Somehow, and perhaps it's an auto feature, the photos I take on the phone have auto saved to a "camera" folder (in the gallery app) along side my picasa web album pitcures/folders. When I log onto picasa web albums on my laptop, I don't see the folder with the pictures. Doesn't seem to autosave there.

When I connect via USB to my laptop, I can only find sub-folders labeled Picasa 1 - Picasa 8. The files are obscure and can't be viewed.

Does anyone know if simple instructions on how to manage and work with your photos?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I just figure out how to upload the files to picasa from the smartphone. What if I want to transfer from the phone to my desktop?

Last edited:

BDNYY23

Reaction score
You should have a folder on your phone called DCIM and in that folder is another folder called Camera. Your photos should be in that Camera folder, and you should be able to access that when you connect your phone to your computer and then copy the photos.

Keep in mind, if you use a different app to take pictures, your pics may end up in a different folder, I think this is the default location for the default camera.

OP
M

mamafox

Reaction score
You should have a folder on your phone called DCIM and in that folder is another folder called Camera. Your photos should be in that Camera folder, and you should be able to access that when you connect your phone to your computer and then copy the photos.

Keep in mind, if you use a different app to take pictures, your pics may end up in a different folder, I think this is the default location for the default camera.

When I connect to the laptop and the folders open up, I definately do not see a DCIM folder. Any chance someone can advise me on how to change this?

BDNYY23

Reaction score
Should be there, but you may have to dig a bit deeper, do you see a folder for SDCard or SDCard0, you may have to go into that first. You should also make sure that your phone is connected as a MTP Device and not a PTP, but if you see any folders it sounds like it is. From your computer you should be able to get to your pictures by browsing Computer\Galaxy Nexus\Internal Storage\DCIM\Camera - internal storage may be replaced with SDCard or SDCard0 with the newer OS.