pinch zoom not working in browser

Ecliptic

Reaction score
is there a setting in the phone settings that allows or disallows the pinch to zoom function in the web browser? It works fine for pictures, but it doesn't work in the browser (the one that came default with the phone OR dolphin HD).

I downloaded a phone update from verizon and since then it seems that pinch to zoom has been somehow disabled; though only for browsing the internet.

Help!

~Thanks

PaulaG

Reaction score
Mine stopped zooming in the middle of browsing.

To correct it I reset the browser settings to the default, quit the browser and then reopened it.

To reset the browser settings:

Open the browser
Press the hard menu key (lower, left physical button)
Press More
Press Settings
Scroll all the way down to "Reset to default" and press it

I don't know if there was something I accidentially pressed to cause pinch zoom to go away but this got it working again.

Good luck

crznsunshine

Reaction score
is there a setting in the phone settings that allows or disallows the pinch to zoom function in the web browser? It works fine for pictures, but it doesn't work in the browser (the one that came default with the phone OR dolphin HD).

I downloaded a phone update from verizon and since then it seems that pinch to zoom has been somehow disabled; though only for browsing the internet.

Help!

~Thanks

I am having this problem too. Did you try doing what PaulaG suggested? It did not work for me. =[ Does anyone know why the pinch to zoom stopped working?

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's weird. I haven't heard of this problem. Regardless, you should try a different web browser. My favorite is Dolphin HD. A lot of people also use xScope. They're free in the market and there's no reason not to get both of them.

Both of these browsers have tabs, which come in very handy if you like to switch between web pages quickly. They also have the ability to set your "user agent" to persist on desktop/computer mode. This allows you to see web pages like they appear on your desktop/laptop computer. Who needs mobile pages? Not me.

One last thing, at least in dolphin hd there is a setting to open pages in overview. I personally like to uncheck this box so that I don't have to zoom each page when it loads.

Check it out!

But back to the stock browser...this sounds like a bug and if more than one of you are experiencing it, I bet it'll be fixed in the upcoming update.

milkman76

Reaction score
Same issue here. Pinch zoom works outside browser in gallery and occasionally on a random webpage, but most places I usually use don't seem to work anymore. I can't even use stock browser unless I uninstall dolphin....
I seriously hope this is patched soon.... that's one of the features I enjoy most....