Please help!!!

arch7angels

Reaction score
I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked before. I have looked all over, but haven't found anything. Here is my problem...

I have a rooted Droid X (rooted with z4root). My system is completely up to date (30.4, 2.3.340, 2.2.1 and all that jazz). For the most part I haven't had any problems with it. However...

I attempted to put on Liberty 1.5, and encountered a number of problems.

1) ROM Manager doesn't seem to back up my current stock rom. I tell it to, it runs me through the process, reboots, but when I go to look in Manage and Restore Backups, nothing loads and the screen just stays there. So as far as I know it's doing nothing for me.

2) Neither ROM Manager nor Jrummy's Droid X Overclock allow me to reboot into recovery. ROM manager just reboots, and DX OC says there was a problem.

3) When I manually attempt to boot into recovery (Power button + Home and then search) I am actually MISSING the option to install a zip from the SD Card.

I have searched all over for the answer to these problems and I'm seriously stumped. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you so much!!!

Note: I have Android Recovery 3e as my recovery boot. Don't know if that's helpful or not, but assumed it was worth mentioning.

You need Droid X Bootstrap from the market. The recovery you're booting into is stock recovery and install zips can't be flashed through there

sorry for the late response, but thank you! it helped a lot!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Back