random shut down and then android dude with red triangle???

Steelydee

Reaction score
Our new Razor M phone randomly shuts down and you have to do a hard boot to turn it back on... cannot remove battery, what does the robot onhis side and the red triangle with exclamation point mean??? Any ideas?? I am new to this cell phone stuff... so please no big words,,, keep it simple,,,, LOL :D

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
This should not be happening. Is the phone new? Have you altered it in any way? Rooted it, etc?

The dead looking android indicates something is wrong with your OS or something along those lines. If it is new, get it replaced.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Take it back unless you rooted it. If you did, go back to your saved backup.

blue_eyed_devil18

Reaction score
Take it back unless you rooted it. If you did, go back to your saved backup.

I didn't root mine or anything and I've only had it for about a month and it does the same exact thing with the droid on his back with the red triangle exclamation point. This is a constant problem. Within the past thirty minutes it has done this three times.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I didn't root mine or anything and I've only had it for about a month and it does the same exact thing with the droid on his back with the red triangle exclamation point. This is a constant problem. Within the past thirty minutes it has done this three times.

Have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode? That prevents all Play Store apps from running, only the stock apps run. If it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, you know a Play Store app is causing the problem. If it does still happen, either a FDR, or a replacement if its still under warranty.

blue_eyed_devil18

Reaction score
Have you tried running the phone in Safe Mode? That prevents all Play Store apps from running, only the stock apps run. If it doesn't happen in Safe Mode, you know a Play Store app is causing the problem. If it does still happen, either a FDR, or a replacement if its still under warranty.

I have tried it on safe mode and it did not work it has an occasional week at tops of not doing it but it still does it a lot.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I have tried it on safe mode and it did not work it has an occasional week at tops of not doing it but it still does it a lot.

Have you talked to Verizon? If it's still under warranty, they should send you a CLNR phone. I just received one a month or so ago because my headphone jack stopped working and the phone looked brand new. You would have to activate & setup a new phone, but might be worth it.

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Don't you just love it when someone starts a post and is looking for answers and then doesn't have the decency tell you the outcome so others can learn. Users. Original post 4/13 :)

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro

If this were my phone, I would follow bigbadwulff's advice and talk to Verizon about a replacement.