replacement for M

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
replacement for M ?

Seems as though i got my M too wet. Motorola Mini? Battery life? What about camera contols?
Couldn't find camera settings on new phones with kit kat?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Seems as though i got my M too wet. Motorola Mini? Battery life? What about camera contols?
Couldn't find camera settings on new phones with kit kat?

Bummer about the wet phone! Before I transferred my upgrade to my daughter, I was looking at the new Droid Mini. I am used to the size of the M now and don't want a big phone. I like the new Droid MAXX also, just not sure if I want to carry a phone that big in pockets. From what I have read, the Mini get's about the same battery life as the M, so that shouldn't be much of a change. Not sure about camera controls, I have only tinkered with one in the VZW store. I would think there has to be camera settings somewhere? The Moto X is a pretty cool phone also, that's not a whole lot bigger than the M, if you are considering something outside of the "Droid" line. Good luck with whatever you get as a replacement.

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
I like the looks and handling of the Maxx. Found the camera settings(slide screen to right...pretty cool really). Considering the S5 although I've never liked the physical feel of the S(any of them) nor the 'touchwiz' UI. Granted you can put a Launcher on it and that is a moot point.
Another point all new phones seem to have the charge cord on the bottom now. That seems to make it a pain to store the phone in the car upright.
What about the life/updates on Motorolas now?

TatDroid

Reaction score
Wound up with the MotoX

Good choice! And about you question on OS updates for Moto phones - the Moto X was the very first non-Nexus phone to get updated to Kit Kat. It's not a guarantee going forward (especially with the sale to Lenovo), but at least it's a good sign!

OP
B

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
BTW I revived the M. Took the battery out and let it dry for a few days. Plugged it back up and everything is fine. Got a good back up phone now.