Revert to ICS from JB

GGMF

Reaction score
So, last night I upgraded my Droid 4 to JB without thinking to do any research on the upgrade, and now, like many other people on this site, I can no longer use FoxFi to create a free wifi hotspot. I've seen other threads recommending a file hack, but I do not understand enough about my phone to follow how that is done. So my question is: does anyone know if it is possible to revert back to ICS once JB is already installed on the phone? Or am I stuck with USB tethering and bluetooth?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
So, last night I upgraded my Droid 4 to JB without thinking to do any research on the upgrade, and now, like many other people on this site, I can no longer use FoxFi to create a free wifi hotspot. I've seen other threads recommending a file hack, but I do not understand enough about my phone to follow how that is done. So my question is: does anyone know if it is possible to revert back to ICS once JB is already installed on the phone? Or am I stuck with USB tethering and bluetooth?
use wifi tether (here) and root (here). you cant go back.
if you feel up to it you can install safestrap (here) after rooting and install busybox (here) as well . after that you can install a jb rom with that taken care of (like this one).
you may need drivers to root (here)

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Yeah.... once you drink the kool-aid...your're stuck...

ROOTIMIZED!!!

Last edited: