Rom Manager (Install ROM from SD Card) Problem.

Kasi-

Reaction score
Hi, i have a Motorola Milestone with android 2.1. I Downloaded Rom Manager from market and used "Flash ClockworkModRecovery" And it seems like it worked. Then i tried to install ROM from SD Card and it told me to wipe and backup first so it tried to reboot into recovery. When the Recovery thing was loading halfway through it just booted like normal to my regular android home and skipped the recovery part. I need help.

Ps im a noob

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hi, i have a Motorola Milestone with android 2.1. I Downloaded Rom Manager from market and used "Flash ClockworkModRecovery" And it seems like it worked. Then i tried to install ROM from SD Card and it told me to wipe and backup first so it tried to reboot into recovery. When the Recovery thing was loading halfway through it just booted like normal to my regular android home and skipped the recovery part. I need help.

Ps im a noob

Well, first I don't think it was telling you to wipe and backup first it was offering you those options. Check them and they happen, unchecked and they don't.

Clockwork has a bug that hits some folks and it is the reboot issue. When in Clockwork if the program lags and then reboots immediately press the X key on the physical keyboard. The phone will then reboot back into Clockwork and it will be totally stable from that point on. You can then do you install from sdcard.

BTW, the backup is a must. Make a backup prior to making any changes to the os. Wiping prior to install a new rom is almost always a good idea too.

Good luck.

OP
K

Kasi-

Reaction score
Sorry it didnt tell me to do it. I tried to press X but nothing happened. But can't i just go to recoverymode and use the update.zip thing? If i do a regular backup first?

Btw im stuck on creating a backup, how do i backup with nandroid. How do i install it etc?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry it didnt tell me to do it. I tried to press X but nothing happened. But can't i just go to recoverymode and use the update.zip thing? If i do a regular backup first?

Btw im stuck on creating a backup, how do i backup with nandroid. How do i install it etc?

Actually I use Clockwork, but not Rom Manager to install everything (roms, kernels, themes, etc.). So yes, just boot into Clockwork and install from sdcard.

As far as creating a backup, it's as simple as scrolling down to the nandroid option and then select backup. It will put the created backup in the Clockwork folder on your sdcard under Backups.

To install a new zip file you scroll down to Install zip file from Sdcard/Select Zip/ a menu will open and you will scroll down to the zip file that you want to install. It will then open a menu and you will have to scroll down and select yes for the install to actually start. Once the zip has installed, you can then reboot the phone. Do keep in mind that often a new rom will take quite a while to reboot. So be patient.

Good luck.

OP
K

Kasi-

Reaction score
Yes but how do i get the nandroid option to appear on my recovery mode? Where should i put it and how do i install it on my phone! Please tell me step by step, im kind of retarded with these things! Sorry

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes but how do i get the nandroid option to appear on my recovery mode? Where should i put it and how do i install it on my phone! Please tell me step by step, im kind of retarded with these things! Sorry

PM sent. Read it and let me know.

Good luck.