Rooting Droid A855 - Ver 2.2.2

polishcrusader

Reaction score
Clearly I'm a newbie needing some direction. There are lots of posts on rooting but I'm not sure which is applicable to me since I see different methods out there for different versions. Can someone point me to the correct directions so I can 1) root my phone and 2) install custom ROMs (Not sure what one I want yet - feel free to suggest)

I have a Verizon Droid A855 - Ver 2.2.2 Build FRG83G Kernal 2.6.32.9-g68eeef5 android-build@apa26 #1

Thanks.

There are dozens of threads on this topic... many with step-by-step directions. So, I wouldn't expect a lot of answers written out here. I will give you tips from my own experience... I rooted by D1 last week (been stock since November, 2009). I used RDLite, Motorola drivers, my PC, a USB cable and SuperOneClick. I also watched a couple videos on YouTube and read these forums. It took me like 10 minutes to root my phone. And within a few hours, I had decided on my first ROM and installed it. I chose GPA17. Since then, I have also tried Bugless Beast 0.6.2.1 as well. I have CyanogenMod7 downloaded, as well as one of the Liquid ROMs. Gonna try both of them, too.

Just do a few searches, watch the videos and follow the steps. BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING, though. It's pretty simple, especially with the software that's out there nowadays.

Best wishes!

Yeah, was expecting a repeat list of instructions here... just maybe a link to the right ones. There was just a lot of threads on this and it was very confusing.

Thanks... Looks like that worked for me. I'm rooted! dancedroid

Back