Rooting DroidX 2.3.3 w/out computer?

eazye_88

Reaction score
Im brand new to these forums and have just started researching the how to and benefits of rooting my phone. I saw some really advanced and tedious methods as well as some overwhelmingly simple methods (z4root). I tried using z4root which didnt work. So i did more research where I read that the previous edition of the program would root my phone so I tried that with no luck. I've also seen some posts about using your computer to root my phone. Unfortunately I do not have a computer right now and was wondering if anyone had information on how to root my phone w/out connecting to an exterior source?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

leftspin

Reaction score
Im brand new to these forums and have just started researching the how to and benefits of rooting my phone. I saw some really advanced and tedious methods as well as some overwhelmingly simple methods (z4root). I tried using z4root which didnt work. So i did more research where I read that the previous edition of the program would root my phone so I tried that with no luck. I've also seen some posts about using your computer to root my phone. Unfortunately I do not have a computer right now and was wondering if anyone had information on how to root my phone w/out connecting to an exterior source?

why not try going to your local library and using the D3 One Click root on the computers there? Or you could SBF to Froyo and use z4root, but that would also require a computer and you wouldn't be able to flash GB kernel ROMs

one click root: [Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605
to SBF: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

OP
eazye_88

eazye_88

Reaction score
Thanks a bunchfor the info but im really green...not even sure what SBF to froyo means..

leftspin

Reaction score
Thanks a bunchfor the info but im really green...not even sure what SBF to froyo means..

check out the links in my first reply. SBF to Froyo means installing the stock factory system on your phone, basically making it like it just came from the store

OP
eazye_88

eazye_88

Reaction score
So froyo is the name of a system and basically im installing a different one in place of the one i have?

leftspin

Reaction score
So froyo is the name of a system and basically im installing a different one in place of the one i have?

Froyo is an older version of Android (the operating system your phone runs on), with Gingerbread being the newer version. I would recommend reading up a bit more on all of this so that you really understand it, because you can mess your phone up and unless you know what you're doing and understand what happened you won't be able to get it back.