Saphire 1.0: Email app force closes while setting up an Exchange account

droiddadi

Reaction score
Great ROM. Thanks Dev. Following is my problem which is a deal breaker to me.

I am coming FRG01B OTA stock ROM.

Did wipe data and cache before installing this ROM.

I am setting up my work Exchange account in Email App. After entering credentials while it is checking server connections it force closes. I tried it may times. Installed the ROM twice after wiping data and cache. Same problem. Even opened a bug in Devs website.

This works fine on stock OTA build.

Any help is appreciated.

GolfProRM

Reaction score
Have you tried adding it through Settings -> accounts? I set mine up through there and had no issue. Never tried setting it up from the email app though.

Sent from my Droid

OP
D

droiddadi

Reaction score
Have you tried adding it through Settings -> accounts? I set mine up through there and had no issue. Never tried setting it up from the email app though.

Sent from my Droid

I did that way also. It opens up email app

Xiix300

Reaction score
Hey when I go to Apply that patch ... do i rename it update.zip and do it like that.... cause i tried that and it said installation aborted?

OP
D

droiddadi

Reaction score
I upgraded to FRG22 stock ROM from FRG01B exchange is working fine. Speed is as same as Sapphire with stock kernel

captdroid

Reaction score
I use Touchdown from Nitrodesk which works much better then built in for Exchange. Just make sure you download the right version. One is for older Android versions and another for Android 2.0+ If you get the wrong version of Touchdown it works badly :)

OP
D

droiddadi

Reaction score
This is definitely a regression post FRG01B builds. Tested it on FRG22 and ran into same issue. FRG22 and AOSP ROMs(post FRG01B) have this issue.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hey when I go to Apply that patch ... do i rename it update.zip and do it like that.... cause i tried that and it said installation aborted?

If it's not signed it won't install on SP recovery. Whoever made the patch probably intended it to be installed using clockwork.

weaz

Reaction score
I'm still having this issue (Force Close during Exchange setup) on Sapphire 1.0. Does anyone know if this issue is resolved in 1.1?