Screen gets really hot

toastayy

Reaction score
So i've had my rezound a almost a year now and I've been experiencing the screen getting really to the point that it's a little unbearable to do any touchscreen actions. Usually this happens when I do small things like play Candy Crush (you only get 5 tries) or watch Netflix. I wouldn't imagine these activities are intense enough to get the screen THAT hot.

Anyone else with experiences with this or solutions?

acejavelin

Reaction score
Lol... I play Candy Crush Saga, and other games and other processor/graphics intensive apps, on my phone all the time, and typically it is not the screen that is getting hot exactly, but the battery... and the Rezound is known for these issues and I use GSam Battery Monitor and show the battery temperature near 119-120 degrees at times and I have had no ill effects from it so far. I would put in some kind of monitoring software and start watching the temp, if it stays under 120 you are pretty safe, 120-128 is marginal, and anything much over that I would pull the battery immediately, but in theory, the phone should forcably shutdown at ~135F, but I have never gotten mine that warm.

OP
T

toastayy

Reaction score
Lol... I play Candy Crush Saga, and other games and other processor/graphics intensive apps, on my phone all the time, and typically it is not the screen that is getting hot exactly, but the battery... and the Rezound is known for these issues and I use GSam Battery Monitor and show the battery temperature near 119-120 degrees at times and I have had no ill effects from it so far. I would put in some kind of monitoring software and start watching the temp, if it stays under 120 you are pretty safe, 120-128 is marginal, and anything much over that I would pull the battery immediately, but in theory, the phone should forcably shutdown at ~135F, but I have never gotten mine that warm.

Ha, yea..the problem is that i'm not worried about the phone (i know i'm terrible) i'm just worried about burning my poor fingertips from using the stupid thing...Are there no solutions besides monitoring the temperature? It gets quite annoying when all you're doing is simply surfing the web and the darn thing feels like it's about to start a fire

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Gsam has an alert feature you can set-up. I've got mine set to alert at 125. It seems with the Rezound you have to choose either 4g or a decent screen brightness. I can never have both without extreme heat up.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Bpowder33

Reaction score
I've never had the screen get so hot that it would actually burn my finger tips. Try the battery monitor and report back how hot it is getting when this happens plz. I'm interested to see what kinda temps you're reaching