[Solved] Can't view GS4 on TV

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I got the connector. Even got a new TV (Vizio) and can't for the life of me get the GS4 to show on TV. What am I missing?

I have seen that complaint on a sister forum and the problem often was that the person needed to manually change inputs on the TV. May not be but thought I would mention it.

I did that. On my TV there's a button ("input") which lets you choose the video source (e.g. HDMI 1, HDMI 2, Cable, etc.). I chose each of the HDMI inputs (one of which was plugged in) and none worked. THe phone was powered at the time it was connected. The only thing I can think of is the adaptor (an inexpensive one) "fit" into the GS4 but wasn't designed for it....different pins...I don't know. I just ordered the OEM from Samsung and, if that doesn't work with a brand new TV, something is wrong somewhere.

It was the cheap plug I got at Amazon. I sent away for and got the Samsung plug. Works great. Vid. and sound.

I've tried every version of search term at Samsung for - Galaxy S 4, Tv video adaptor -
Zero results after many attempts - I swear their site is a year behind what's actually available.

Yesterday while there - to send email support -
they don't even list the S4 SCH1545 in the drop down menu for the required support issue.

Update -
MHL 2.0 HDTV Smart Adapter - $40.00

Alternate Dock - $60 Amazon - OPtions at Samsung
[video=youtube;jwr1cnMJHBg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwr1cnMJHBg[/video]

Out of all the reviews - none have mentioned if access to files by remote are done.
I have all access with iPod dock by remote.
I use dedicated dock for the iPhone/iPod - connected to Yamaha Theater.

Back