Some Nexus 6P Pre-Orders Delayed; Google Offering $25 Refund/Credit to Make Amends

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nexus-6p-hero-laying-on-side.jpg

We have good news and bad news for a few folks who pre-ordered the Google Nexus 6P. Although the folks affected by this news have probably already received an email warning regarding this, we are sharing it just in case they haven't seen it yet. According to multiple reports, some of the pre-orders for the Nexus 6P have been delayed until early to mid-November. To make amends, Google is offering those folks a $25 refund/credit.

Although it's not the same thing as having that shiny new Nexus 6P in your hands, perhaps an extra $25 bucks in your pocket can assuage you while you wait a bit longer. Here's a copy/quote of the email sent out by Google,

Hello there —

Thank you for buying a Nexus 6P from the Google Store. We’re really excited about this phone and we hope you are too. But we have some not-so-great news: It’s going to take a little longer to get the 6P to you than we would have liked. We’re working hard to meet the strong demand we’re seeing for the color and memory size you ordered, and we promise it will be worth it! Rest assured that orders will still be shipped in the order that they were received.

As of now, we’re expecting to deliver your 6P order between 11/7/2015 and 11/14/2015, and we’ll send you a notification as soon as it goes out the door. As a courtesy, we’ll give you a $25 refund on your purchase, which we’ll process soon after your phone ships.

We know that waiting a bit longer can be inconvenient, though remember we won’t charge you until your order ships. We also want to make sure you’re aware that you can cancel your order. We’d hate to see you go, but if you need to, just follow the instructions here.

We apologize for this news, and thank you again for your order.

Sincerely,
The Google Store Team

Keep in mind that this does not apply to all versions of the device, only to a few configurations. If you haven't received an email from Google then you are probably fine. Let's cross our fingers that Google simply mis-evaluated the relative popularity of this new device, which would mean it is selling faster than they had hoped!

Here's our dedicated Nexus 6P section for further discussion: Nexus 6P by Huawei | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
So far, in the 6P section, we've had no reports of any of our DF members that pre-ordered the device getting these emails. We're all obviously hoping that none of us sees the email, except in your quote above.

We actually have a couple of members who's tracking information says they should expect to receive their 6P's today, so that dedicated section may really be hopping this evening!

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
I have yet to get past "Pending". Lol. This is killing me! Maybe it's because I have the 128GB Frost. I'm making a script for the phone, and I don't even have a way to test it yet. Lol