Sounds for Caller ID

firefighter7020

Reaction score
Ok so I know how to save a sound to my phone from a text message. The problem that I'm having is trying to figure out how to set that sound as a ringtone for my girlfriend when she calls. Does anyone know how to do that?

lee_pedro

Reaction score
Go into the contact you would like to change the ringer on, then Settings > Edit. Scroll to the bottom and hit "Additional Info". Then scroll to the bottom again and there is a place for Call Handling where you can set a custom ringtone for that contact.

Hope that helps!

AsrMatt

Reaction score
I see how to set individual ring tones for contacts, but is there a way to set up individual text tones? That is the ONLY good thing about my old Razr (yes I admit I had one back in my younger days :eek:). I would love to have this feature on my Droid 2 as well.

pool_shark

Reaction score
I see how to set individual ring tones for contacts, but is there a way to set up individual text tones? That is the ONLY good thing about my old Razr (yes I admit I had one back in my younger days :eek:). I would love to have this feature on my Droid 2 as well.

Not without 3rd party software. Handcent SMS and Chomp SMS are very popular.

AsrMatt

Reaction score
Thanks pool_shark. I installed handcent and I love it! Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

pool_shark

Reaction score
Thanks pool_shark. I installed handcent and I love it! Haven't had a whole lot of time to play with it yet though.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

It's pretty cool. You can set a different tone, icon, and even background picture per contact.

Colleen K

Reaction score
Lee Pedro, you are my hero

Thanks for your explanation on assigning different ring tones for different numbers. It's a little thing but very helpful because it let's me have a few calls slide when certain sounds come up.

Any idea on how to do that with 'restricted' or 'unavailable' calls? Thanks!

billynair

Reaction score
Is there a way to have it read the name of the person txting you? It does with actual calls, the "Caller ID Readout" function, can it be done with sms? I have HandCent too, but dont see anything like that in there.