Sprint's LG G3 Spotted Again in Updated UAP; Still Sports 2K Display & Snapdragon 800

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G2-black-laying-down-full-hd.jpg

Another User Agent Profile was spotted for the Sprint LG G3 (LG-LS990). This one is updated, yet most of the specs remain the same. The only differences are in the RAM and camera features. The new listing for RAM shows a downgrade from the previously stated 3GB to 2GB. On the plus side, the camera modules have both been upgraded. The rear camera has been bumped from 13MP to 16MP and the front camera from 2MP to 2.4MP. The software number has changed to “LS990ZV1," yet it is still listed as Android 4.4.2.

We were hoping this newly updated UAP would show that the previous listing was wrong and the phone will include the newer Snapdragon 801 or even the 805. Unfortunately, the primary SoC didn't change in this new UAP and it remains the Snapdragon 800. Of course, fans of the LG G2 (and other phones which include the Snapdgraon 800 chip) will point out just how impressive the performance is, so perhaps it shouldn't matter too much. What do you think?

Since we haven't seen any good leaks of LG G3 pics, the above image is the LG G2.

Source: AndroidAuthority

mslaceyrose

Reaction score
This is another phone that I'll be keeping a close eye on. I don't know enough about processors to comprehend what difference having the 801/805 as opposed to the 800 might make, bu camera/photo quality is a BIG consideration for me.
I appreciate having one place where I can come for timely and informative tech news. Thanks! :)

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is another phone that I'll be keeping a close eye on. I don't know enough about processors to comprehend what difference having the 801/805 as opposed to the 800 might make, bu camera/photo quality is a BIG consideration for me.
I appreciate having one place where I can come for timely and informative tech news. Thanks! :)

It's our pleasure! I'm actually a bit on the slow side for news today as I needed to meet with a garage door repairman this morning. :)

I will strive to make up the deficit this afternoon!