Started getting problems over the last 2 days?

akito

Reaction score
Recently i have just started getting some problems with my droid but after about a day of tweaking with it i got it running better again. Maybe you guys can give me some feedback on what you think happened. I dont use my droid real heavy or anything. i do got a body glove for it. I usually get around 15 to 26 hours on my droid. i dont run wifi or gps hardly at all. I mainly use it for internet search purposes and phone calls, txts and some games. Now my body glove (top cover) shaved the clips off so i was already in a pissy move since i had to drive in the snow 30 mins to get a replacement. Then i was online, not on a dirty site or anything, i believe i was on this forum and i got a pop up and it said something about a Virus detected or something. Well over the xmas holiday i noticed my battery life dropped down significantly. so i go to the app store and download a virus detector and it didnt find anything so i uninstalled it. I also noticed my droid has been super sluggish also. especially with closing out apps and using the touchscreen, checking the notification bar. It also has been calling people by random. So i took off my case i have never did it since the guy at verizon put it on 2 months ago. I took the battery out and turned it on. Well the 3g logo never came on so i tried making a call and the phone turned off. I turned it back on and it said my phone still needed to be activated. so i *228 and pressed 1 and i got my service back. everything was running a lot better so i figured i would clean my droid up some. So i uninstalled about 10 apps ( one being ATK) and cleared out any unwanted files. Well i start my stock browser up and no matter what i search for or how i search it is locked on one screen. I uninstalled it and went with the dolphin browser. So far i got things running pretty good but i didnt know if u guys have had struggles like this. I have had some problems with voice quality and i took it to verizon and they said they reflashed it and it has been way better id say 90% i still get one every now and then that they say it sounds like a robot talking lol. My youtube isnt that good either u almost always got to watch things in normal not high quality which blows bc the normal isnt even worth watching. The dolphin browser does help bc it lets u just download the video from you tube. I was wondering what programs you guys use. right now i am using.
-Dolphin browser, pandora, facebook, myspace, maps(but i had to uninstall the update bc it kept FC), astro, and a few other things.

I am not sure how i feel about dolphin. it kinda reminds me of firefox?
Should i even use a task killer?
Could i have gotten a virus but it wouldnt show up on the scanner?
Maybe something like a disk defrag would be good for the droid?
what are your thoughts, all this stuff has been making me paranoid of the device. thanks, Akito

OP
A

akito

Reaction score
i also wanted you guys to know that i dont run any themes i just got the beautiful widgets. could that be the culprit?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just turn your Droid off once a day. This is what I found is the simple answer to these problems.

And you don't need virus protection. Don't think it's a problem if you have it but you're not going to get a virus. That's microsoft's problem.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
What processes were you killing with ATK?

I suggest getting rid of ATK altogether. Use the native app if you feel the need to shut down things. Thats the best way to shut things down safely and you don't have to worry about a 3rd party app messing with the OS.

To use native app:

Go into menu/applications/manage applications/filter/running/choose apps you want to shut down.

Only shut down apps that you know what they are i.e. browser, market, games etc don't shut down any of the core applications.