States can force the payment of Sales Tax

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Hope this is not too political for this forum.

The Supreme Court ruled that states can now force retailers to pay sales tax in their states without a physical presence. Don't really matter to me. Most of my online shipping is with amazon and they collect sales tax. I guess brick and mortar stores think they will regain business. I doubt it as long as free shipping is still available.

WASHINGTON -- A closely divided Supreme Court upended the nation's Internet marketplace Thursday, ruling that states can collect sales taxes from online retailers.

Supreme Court allows states to collect sales taxes on more online transactions

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
For a lot of people it'll be a moot point. Just like looking for an eseller that includes free shipping vs. one that charges a fee. Here in California we have Brown. I'm sure he's chomping on the bit to form a tax posse to inforce this ruling on to every seller. He may even raise the states sales tax. This will go right along with the 25 dollar fine if you're handed a straw before you request it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
me just sayin

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
For a lot of people it'll be a moot point. Just like looking for an eseller that includes free shipping vs. one that charges a fee. Here in California we have Brown. I'm sure he's chomping on the bit to form a tax posse to inforce this ruling on to every seller. He may even raise the states sales tax. This will go right along with the 25 dollar fine if you're handed a straw before you request it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

just like looking for free shipping???? not to sure about that, normally you don't know about the taxes until you check out. It is not something they advertise - at least from my experience.