Stock Files App Closes When Viewing Camera Folder

PowrDroid

Reaction score
If I select the stock Files App to look at files on my D2G SD card, then select my Camera folder, the thumbnails start to load and after about 5 seconds the app closes and reverts to the phone's application home screen.

If I use the Files App, select SD Card, then look at other folders, no problem, the Files App does not close. I can browse all other files. But if I try to look at my Camera Folder, it closes.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

Note: I open the stock Gallery App, the thumbnails are slow to load but eventually they all load (I've got 300+ photos stored on my phone.)

Benton

Reaction score
I have carried far more than 300 pictures on the SD card and did not experience this. I am guessing but you may have a photo with data corrupt of incomplete. Try copying all pictures to a computer drive then delete off your SD card. With all the pictures removed try opening the folder and see if things are much more responsive. If the folder is now responsive and back to what you were used to, look at the images on the computer and see if you can see any incomplete or "noisy" pictures that may have been the culprit.

OP
PowrDroid

PowrDroid

Reaction score
Try copying all pictures to a computer drive then delete off your SD card. With all the pictures removed try opening the folder and see if things are much more responsive. If the folder is now responsive and back to what you were used to, look at the images on the computer and see if you can see any incomplete or "noisy" pictures that may have been the culprit.

I tried something similar to this. I copied all my photos onto my computer. During this process there were two photos that could not be copied. Trying to view them yielded a gray rectangle obscuring most of the photo. I deleted these two files before transferring them. Then I deleted about half of the photos on my phone. I've got about 180 photos on there now. Still, the file manager app closes after about 5 seconds, same symptoms as before. I downloaded the app "File Manager" and I no longer have this problem.

I also noticed that Windows XP does not create thumbnails of all my phone photos that I transferred to the computer. Out of the 350 photos I transferred about 30 will not show a thumbnail view. However, if I click on these photos, it will display the photo without error.