Streaming TV via HDMI

Extinct

Reaction score
OK, when I first got my Note2 of course Samsung had it set up so you could only stream files that were actually saved to memory, which didn't bother me so much but now I am traveling a lot more and would like to be able to stream programs via the Note to a connected TV via HMI.

1. There have been several rounds of updates - is the Note2 hdmi streaming still locked out?
2. Is there an App that will help with this?
3. If the answer to both of the above is that I still can't do it, could I do it if I rooted the phone? I had my X rooted but haven't felt the need to do the Note2 yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

xtor

Reaction score
OK, when I first got my Note2 of course Samsung had it set up so you could only stream files that were actually saved to memory, which didn't bother me so much but now I am traveling a lot more and would like to be able to stream programs via the Note to a connected TV via HMI.

1. There have been several rounds of updates - is the Note2 hdmi streaming still locked out?
2. Is there an App that will help with this?
3. If the answer to both of the above is that I still can't do it, could I do it if I rooted the phone? I had my X rooted but haven't felt the need to do the Note2 yet.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tim

I bought one of the Samsung hdmi cables (it has a special name I can't remember) but it is a special hdmi that only works on the newest tvs with that special hdmi port, I tried mine on my sony that is a year old in the regular hdmi port and only got sound. It really sucks not having mirror mode like moto has, I do miss that about the moto phones but my note2 is leaps and bounds above a moto phones.

8th Infantry division

xtor

Reaction score
I bought one of the Samsung hdmi cables (it has a special name I can't remember) but it is a special hdmi that only works on the newest tvs with that special hdmi port, I tried mine on my sony that is a year old in the regular hdmi port and only got sound. It really sucks not having mirror mode like moto has, I do miss that about the moto phones but my note2 is leaps and bounds above a moto phones.

8th Infantry division

It's called hml cable.

8th Infantry division