Stuck on Boot Screen|Won't charge

bdelanghe

Reaction score
My phone has a nasty habit of turning itself back on when I don't want it to. So when I went to see the the final movie of the dark knight trilogy I decided to just remove the battery.

When the film was over. I put it back in. Pressed the power. Up comes the boot screen. And that how it stays for 30 min..

I remove the battery, put it back in. This time pressing the volume key as well. Hoping this might be how to hard reset. No Luck.

I go home. Plug the thing in to usb turn the thing on. And give it a chance to boot overnight. In the morning the phone is off. Dead.

Do some research. Find out I should have pressed x. But now the damn thing won't charge. I can run it. Without battery. Using my cars usb adaptor.

Booted it up, pressing x. And the thing just ignores me.

You guys are the experts so, what do I do?

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
You still need to charge the battery; you can head to a Verizon store for that.

Otherwise, which boot screen are you seeing? The red Motorola logo or the droid eye animation?

Does the phone boot into bootloader if you power it on while holding the Up Arrow key on the hardware keyboard?

OP
B

bdelanghe

Reaction score
Moto

It's stuck on the Motorola Boot screen. And the Charge light only lights when using my cars USB adaptor. I left the USB cable at work so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to test the up arrow boot.

I'll let you know the results.

(I called verizon tech-not much help. But I guess it might be time to track down a store to see if it's the battery)

OP
B

bdelanghe

Reaction score
Up Arrow Boot

I can boot only of the car charger without a battery in. Up Arrow Boot works, but errors out

"low battery cannot boot"

It's looking more and more like battery problems.