Solved Stuck on Droid Screen

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
Hello-

First gen Z Force and all has been working well. Received my latest system update the other day, flawlessly.

Some apps needed updating today and I permitted. Facebook was the first to go (was running sluggishly, so figured that was why). As I was watching the update process, the phone started to reboot. It's not stuck on the Droid screen (for about 10 minutes), and I'm not sure what I should do.

Please advise...
Thanks!

If you have an SD Card in the phone try removing that while the phone is powered off and see if it will boot up and complete the update without an SD Card. If all goes well, then try to use the phone with the SD Card again. Some folks have reported this as an issue with version 7.1.1

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If you have an SD Card in the phone try removing that while the phone is powered off and see if it will boot up and complete the update without an SD Card. If all goes well, then try to use the phone with the SD Card again. Some folks have reported this as an issue with version 7.1.1

Thanks Sajo! I'm back up, but I can only send texts to certain people??? My text app was not updated.. weird

Nope. It's the Facebook update. It didn't update and tried again. Stuck in the Droid screen again.
Going through another soft reset. What a pain....

That's odd. At least it seems like you were able to identify the issue

I hope Verizon is able to help.

I hope Verizon is able to help.

Thanks.... He's got me backing everything up to the cloud (which I never do) while in safe mode. Betcha five bucks I know what he's gonna tell me to do next....
He's due to call me back in a few on my work phone. I'd really like to know what's going on so I can report back with a fix instead of a FDR

That's probably his next suggestion. It's stinks sometimes, but may be necessary. Hope you are up & running again soon.

That's probably his next suggestion. It's stinks sometimes, but may be necessary. Hope you are up & running again soon.

Thanks, Sajo!

If I figure out what actually is going on, I'll post it here. But I have a feeling we'll never know.

I sure miss this place...
Say hi to all the others for me! I'll be back when life calms down a bit.

Be safe...

Hello-

First gen Z Force and all has been working well. Received my latest system update the other day, flawlessly.

Some apps needed updating today and I permitted. Facebook was the first to go (was running sluggishly, so figured that was why). As I was watching the update process, the phone started to reboot. It's not stuck on the Droid screen (for about 10 minutes), and I'm not sure what I should do.

Please advise...
Thanks!
I believe if you hold the power button down it should take it off that screen that you're stuck on

Sent from my T06 using Tapatalk

Back