Sync Contact

Marrina

Reaction score
I have 1 contact that won't sync. Let me give you the history. The person was a contact and it worked fine on my phone. Then I tried to make them a facebook friend. This didn't work because they don't use it enough. So I removed the friend request as it was never approved. I did not have Droid set to sync up with facebook. But after I removed them from facebook, google will no longer sync this contact. I have tried to recreate the contact from scratch, but this hasn't helped. I would like this contact to sync but I'm unsure how to make it happen. I don't have a problem with any other contact... just this one. Please help.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have 1 contact that won't sync. Let me give you the history. The person was a contact and it worked fine on my phone. Then I tried to make them a facebook friend. This didn't work because they don't use it enough. So I removed the friend request as it was never approved. I did not have Droid set to sync up with facebook. But after I removed them from facebook, google will no longer sync this contact. I have tried to recreate the contact from scratch, but this hasn't helped. I would like this contact to sync but I'm unsure how to make it happen. I don't have a problem with any other contact... just this one. Please help.

Go to your gmail account on line and add them on there. Make sure they are in your "My Contacts" list. When Google syncs to your phone contact should be there.

OP
M

Marrina

Reaction score

Go to your gmail account on line and add them on there. Make sure they are in your "My Contacts" list. When Google syncs to your phone contact should be there.

I've actually done this. However, it seems to recognize that it shouldn't sync and so doesn't. I've also reset the contacts on my droid so they have to completely resync. This also didn't work.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I've actually done this. However, it seems to recognize that it shouldn't sync and so doesn't. I've also reset the contacts on my droid so they have to completely resync. This also didn't work.

I'm sorry, I've never heard of this issue. I don't use facebook so I'm not certain how that would work. Have you tried to remove the sync from facebook, add the contact, and then add facebook back?

OP
M

Marrina

Reaction score
I'm sorry, I've never heard of this issue. I don't use facebook so I'm not certain how that would work. Have you tried to remove the sync from facebook, add the contact, and then add facebook back?

Facebook is not syncing. I deleted the contact completely and then readded it. I then manually synced. It did not work. =( Is there some sort of table or the like that is marking contacts google thinks you no longer want to sync that I can access and edit?

OP
M

Marrina

Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. The contact was getting combined with my sister in law. One was Elizabeth, one was Beth... same last name but all of the other contact info was different. Once I put a maiden name in the middle, it separated the contacts and showed both. Super weird I think.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. The contact was getting combined with my sister in law. One was Elizabeth, one was Beth... same last name but all of the other contact info was different. Once I put a maiden name in the middle, it separated the contacts and showed both. Super weird I think.

Nice job. Yes the contacts try their best to "help" you and sometimes it works against you. Glad you figured it out.

OP
M

Marrina

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. =)