Task manager gone?

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have really simple question. I have installed Steel droid on my wife's phone and she managed to delete Task manager from main screen. You know the one that shows running apps for easy access..

I have no idea where I can find it or enable it so she can have it back. Can you point me to right direction?

Thanks Charles

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Have you tried long-pressing the Homescreen, and then going to the "Applications" Option and then scrolling down to Task Manager and re-adding it?

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Yes, but the only thing I could find was small icon for basic task manager.Original one included with rom was something more like widget.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score
Not quite sure then.

You really don't need any sort of Task Managers with Android 2.2+ builds, it already self-regulates apps and running processes.

chevycam94

SteelDroid ROM / Cortex ROM Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
steelroms.com
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P, VZW Note Edge, D1
Not quite sure then.

You really don't need any sort of Task Managers with Android 2.2+ builds, it already self-regulates apps and running processes.

Exactly. I use the "Task Killer" tab in Go Launcher once in a while, just to kill apps on command, but I generally dont need to do that. They system will kill off apps as they "expire", or other apps are loaded and need memory space.

Cadstar

Reaction score
I think maybe what the original post refers to is the GO Widget Task Manager Widget. That's what I use after seeing it on the initial boot up of my SD. In that case long press home screen and select GOWidgets rather than Widgets. As I recall latest GOLauncher gives you a static image and you can download the whole thing (free of course, it is a GO project).

Obviously you need to be running GO Launcher rather than the stock blur launcher to find this widget. It is nice and handy showing icons for running apps.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

OP
C

Charles_cz

Reaction score
Thanks guys your your input.. Obviously I was not aware of different styles of Go task killer so I did not see the one I was looking for..

I knew it was something simple like that.. ;-)