texts not sending...4g not very 4g-ish...rebooting a lot

ashj723

Reaction score
I text a lot. and send multiple messages back to back.. when i send like 4 messages in a row almost EVERY time it will send the first then the next three get stuck on "sending".. I either have to wait.. anywhere from 5-30 minutes for them to send, or reboot my phone.. EVERY TIME. I also constantly have issues with my data going out and losing internet connection with 3g/4g.. plus the 4g on my phone isnt even good! im not seeing the 'speedyness' everyone else seems to have.. only thing that works real well is netflix.. My phones been rebooting itself quite frequently these days as well.. i'll be in the middle of doing soemthing and the screen just goes black and it restarts. Sigh. I was SO excited to upgrade from the Ally.. but now I seem to be more frusterated than happy. Does anyone else have these issues? Looking forward to responses. Thanks!

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I text a lot. and send multiple messages back to back.. when i send like 4 messages in a row almost EVERY time it will send the first then the next three get stuck on "sending".. I either have to wait.. anywhere from 5-30 minutes for them to send, or reboot my phone.. EVERY TIME. I also constantly have issues with my data going out and losing internet connection with 3g/4g.. plus the 4g on my phone isnt even good! im not seeing the 'speedyness' everyone else seems to have.. only thing that works real well is netflix.. My phones been rebooting itself quite frequently these days as well.. i'll be in the middle of doing soemthing and the screen just goes black and it restarts. Sigh. I was SO excited to upgrade from the Ally.. but now I seem to be more frusterated than happy. Does anyone else have these issues? Looking forward to responses. Thanks!

A few question to be able to try to help.

Are you rooted?
Did you update?
Have you tried a factory reset?
Have you tried turning off then phone and taking out the 4G SIM then putting it back in and turning the phone back on?

i'm sorry you bought a lg.
really.
good luck.

Nice support.

OP
A

ashj723

Reaction score
A few question to be able to try to help.

Are you rooted?
Did you update?
Have you tried a factory reset?
Have you tried turning off then phone and taking out the 4G SIM then putting it back in and turning the phone back on?

no - im not rooted.. my bf looked at my phone to root it b/c he rooted his; but no such luck. i updated; and checked for additional updates. I also completely wiped the phone clean reset and restored after my original post to see if that would help.. still the same issues.

I'm trying the sim card now.. we will see if that makes any different.. im feeling doubful though. =[

RIO5

Reaction score
I had issues with some of my long text messages. If I feel like it is taking too long, I simply put the phone in air plane mode for like a second or two, then I turn the air plane mode off. With in seconds, my messages are all sent completely.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
no - im not rooted.. my bf looked at my phone to root it b/c he rooted his; but no such luck. i updated; and checked for additional updates. I also completely wiped the phone clean reset and restored after my original post to see if that would help.. still the same issues.

I'm trying the sim card now.. we will see if that makes any different.. im feeling doubful though. =[

Let me know if it works so I can help troubleshoot it.

OP
A

ashj723

Reaction score
it didnt work.. still just as many issues.. if not more.. words with friends NEVER works anymore.. network connection error.. internet connection still randomly going out.. with the text thing ill do airplane mode and if there are 4 pending texts the first one will go back through but then i have to either KEEP going in airplane mode for each one to send through or wait 5+ minutes for EACH text to go through. such a hassle! the main reason i got this phone was for the 4g and netflix but now im thinking i should have gone with something else.. this phone is same speed if not slower than the ally i had in 3g. wompwomp...

jaden4220

Reaction score
I had some of these issues one problem is I'm on the very edge of my 4g range and the other is that last update locked the rev from rooting for now but I've heard there is a root coming. If I was you I would check where ur 4g is and then go into a store and complain it might be as simple as your phone or network.

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
I had some of these issues one problem is I'm on the very edge of my 4g range and the other is that last update locked the rev from rooting for now but I've heard there is a root coming. If I was you I would check where ur 4g is and then go into a store and complain it might be as simple as your phone or network.

Could always downgrade back to v4 to be able to root.

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

OP
A

ashj723

Reaction score
well.. ive turned the 4g off, and am just on the cdma/3g right now and everything has worked perfectly fine the last few days.. so that means its obv something with the 4g.. verizon said to go into a corp store and try swapping out a SIM card.. we'll see. Thanks for all of the replies :)

spc_hicks09

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.teamoctos.com
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3
Twitter
spc_hicks09
well.. ive turned the 4g off, and am just on the cdma/3g right now and everything has worked perfectly fine the last few days.. so that means its obv something with the 4g.. verizon said to go into a corp store and try swapping out a SIM card.. we'll see. Thanks for all of the replies :)

Yeah I would definitely do that, something must be wrong with the SIM Card. Keep us updated though!