thanks

Dweib

Reaction score
Instead of trying to convince me I should stick with my GS4, my query just gets deleted. Why? I've got too much invested with my GS4 to jump ship right now.

Sent from my Galaxy Blue using Droid Forums

bbtkd

Reaction score
Instead of trying to convince me I should stick with my GS4, my query just gets deleted. Why? I've got too much invested with my GS4 to jump ship right now.

I suppose that they see a lot of trolls trying to incite escalating and intense "discussions" triggered by a post saying the person is dumping their xyz phone. Since the purpose of the forums is to exchange info and help others, then someone who has already chosen to leave is not seen as helpful, and a possible troll. I disagree - if they are a real user and not a troll owning an iPhone or having an agenda against xyz brand then their reason for bailing is useful.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Yes I just want someone to explain the virtues of our GS4's over the HTC one so I don't do something foolish and run to best buy and exchange it. Played with my GS4 for over a week now and so far I really don't see any big advantage over my 2 year old RAZR other than a higher mp camera. I'm not sure this "upgrade" has been such a good idea.

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Yes I just want someone to explain the virtues of our GS4's over the HTC one so I don't do something foolish and run to best buy and exchange it. Played with my GS4 for over a week now and so far I really don't see any big advantage over my 2 year old RAZR other than a higher mp camera. I'm not sure this "upgrade" has been such a good idea.

I haven't owned an Android HTC phone, but did have an HTC when they made the Palm Treo phones. I personally have stayed away from HTC due to concerns I saw online about quality and reliability. Feature-wise they look decent. My wife is due for a new phone today and is trying to decide whether to replace her Razr Maxx with an S4, wait for the S5, or switch to an iPhone. We really have not considered any other brands. We had Motorolas in the past but have grown frustrated over delays in shipping new phones - typically not competitively featured by the time they finally reach the market. She would stay with her Razr Maxx longer but it has the intermittent audio issue many of these had, now no audio at all. Samsung S4 is the market leader for a reason - good quality, competitive features, and reliable. Some will argue any/all of these but remember that most that go to tech forums like this only do so because they are having a problem, so not representative of the majority who are happy.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
It's a tough call. And as many have said it all boils down to how you use your phone. In addition to basic calling and a few apps I do like to use it in my hobby room and listen to either Pandora or iheart while I work. Having stereo speakers built in so I don't have to hook anything up external would be great due to my limited space. The GS4 has the better camera however and generally a nicer feel.

bbtkd

Reaction score
It's a tough call. And as many have said it all boils down to how you use your phone. In addition to basic calling and a few apps I do like to use it in my hobby room and listen to either Pandora or iheart while I work. Having stereo speakers built in so I don't have to hook anything up external would be great due to my limited space. The GS4 has the better camera however and generally a nicer feel.

Comparing specs with the Razr, the S4 has much more (3x) CPU power, twice the RAM (important as they keep piling on bloatware to suck it up), larger screen, higher resolution, larger battery capacity, accepts 64GB micro-SD card, Miracast wireless video, thinner, etc. We tested the Wireless signal -in db - of the S4 next to my Bionic, and surprisingly found that the Samsung beat the famous radio reception of the Moto. That said, I might have gone with the Note 3 if it had been out when I got the S4.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Yeah well for my purposes the 'ol RAZR was just fine.

Last edited:

bbtkd

Reaction score
Yeah well for my purposes the 'ol RAZR was just fine.

OK, then you'd be better off returning it and sticking with your Razr until the audio fails.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Yeah leaning that way. Just compared live streaming of the Opry app between my RAZR and the GS4. Sorry guys but the RAZR has a larger speaker and more depth to the sound. GS4's speaker is left lacking and just isn't nearly as enjoyable to listen to. I'm really trying to justify keeping the GS4 but my argument to do so keeps getting weaker.

Truth be told, I would be just fine going back to my basic flip phone as I have a newly upgraded PC at home but really appreciate the GPS and music apps on the smartphone while traveling. Those apps work fine with Wi-Fi but really need 3/4G lte when out on the road.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
First of all, there are NO competent speakers on ANY smart phone. You can get great sound out of good headphones but you can't possibly expect decent sound out of speakers so tiny I don't care what phone they come out of. I think the S4 beats the hell out of anything out there so far and the only thing better, from what I've read about the specs, is the S5 out in a couple of months plus a new OS.

OP
D

Dweib

Reaction score
Well guys, had my GS4 bagged up and ready to swap. Kept it in the car while I went into BB to take a 2nd look at the HTC one. Prodded and played with it. But it just didn't really turn my crank like I thought it would. Besides I just couldn't see spending another whole week setting up another new phone. Plus I have quite a bit invested already in cases, docks, etc. My GS4 is setup just the way I like it for now. And if I do want to casually listen to music I'll just have to plug it into something.

So now you don't have to preach, I'm keepin' my baby.

Last edited: