Too many screens

acrowder_21

Reaction score
Is there any way to delete the screens without downloading a 3rd party app, for once I like the stock widgets.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Is there any way to delete the screens without downloading a 3rd party app, for once I like the stock widgets.

No, unfortunately not. Still, I find it surprising that 5 screens is too many for you. I have just the opposite issue. I filled up all 5 screens quite quickly and would love to have a few more screens that I could devote to large widgets like my calendar, weather, contacts & some possible others.

I have used several launchers that allow you to specify number of screens. Launcher Pro is my fav, but there are others. Go Launcher has gained tremendous popularity, mainly for its ability to easily create themes, and there are hundreds of themes. I have seen some problems with Go, but others swear by it.

ADW.Launcher, Nemus Launcher, LiveHome, and possibly others are worth your exploration.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text. Please excuse and minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

OP
A

acrowder_21

Reaction score
I dont mind the screens so much, when I set my background picture I dont want it streched, and down sizing to 1 screen is the only way I know how to make that work.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I dont mind the screens so much, when I set my background picture I dont want it streched, and down sizing to 1 screen is the only way I know how to make that work.

Ok, so let's help you with the easy fix. When you select your pic for the background, you'll see a square around it which shows what portion of the pic will be used. If you tap the edge of the box, you'll see "handles" appear at the sides and top & bottom. If you take a finger and "grab" one of the handles, you can stretch the box to make it cover a larger area of the pic.

If you need to stretch it on the other side or top and bottom, you can grab and drag the other handles. Once the box is the size you want, or it's at its largest, you can move the box in any direction by placing your finger in the box and dragging in the direction you wish.

Once done, you can then choose to apply the pic and you'll see upto the entire pic as your background. You can also select whether the pic moves as you pan back and fourth between screens or not, and if you choose no, the pic will fill the entire screen.

There is another thread that also discusses this...http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr/208521-scale-wallpaper-image.html?highlight=

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 using Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

Last edited:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
acrowder_21 said:
How do you select whether the pic moves then?

Do you mean live wallpapers?? Or an animated pic?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I just tried and animated pics don't animate when set as a wall paper. Perhaps someone else will know how to get them to. Now you can set a live wall paper, which is an animated wallpaper. Hope this helps?

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

OP
A

acrowder_21

Reaction score
No not really. I just want to see if there is a way to take a regular picture and make it my background picture without it streching over all 7 screens. If there a way to set the picture and maybe change so the widgets/icons move like the iphones do?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
acrowder_21 said:
No not really. I just want to see if there is a way to take a regular picture and make it my background picture without it streching over all 7 screens. If there a way to set the picture and maybe change so the widgets/icons move like the iphones do?

OK, so you are asking how to make a pic your wall paper but not have it span all 7 screens.... try "wallpaper wizard" from the play store

DROID RAZR MAXXAMIZED!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you download and use GoLauncher you can not only delete the screens you don't want to use, but you can also have it not span your wallpaper across the screens and keep it stagnant. I only have two screens because I group commonly used APPS into a folder on my home screen, real space saver.

View attachment 50282