Total noob to the rooting world

NEHP

Reaction score
i just rooted my droid x no more than 15 minutes ago. soooo now what? what can i do with it? what are some good things to run, open? and where can i get all of these goodies?:rockon:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF and the world of root!!

I moved your thread to the Droid X ROMs section so you can get up to date advice on the X, I am out of the loop so I do not know what is out there to recommend currently.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Now you need a ROM. If you want ICS you should check out AOKP.

Sent from my Black Iced X

OP
N

NEHP

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
Found another thread talking about the whole situation, in it they link to a good write up as well. There may be some things you can do but it you are not comfortable with SBF flashing your phone then it may prove to be difficult to do. If you are not comfortable with computers or this SBF process I do not recommend doing it.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/218722-621-602-sbf-flash-possible.html#post2211387

I was trying to flash it last night but no go, think I will have netter luck using a desk top and as far as doing the process, pretty darn simple. I has a friend refer to XDA that's where I found there info. Just saw this this morning. Oh and to go into bootlegger mode? Push down both volume then tap power? Soooo what is it supposed to do?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I was trying to flash it last night but no go, think I will have netter luck using a desk top and as far as doing the process, pretty darn simple. I has a friend refer to XDA that's where I found there info. Just saw this this morning. Oh and to go into bootlegger mode? Push down both volume then tap power? Soooo what is it supposed to do?

I moved this post to your thread to make it a bit easier for the other user and his thread.

Anyway, you need a computer to do that process, it will not work otherwise. And the last part of your question I am not sure what you mean as far as what it is supposed to do. You need to be in bootloader mode to run the SBF. Honestly, it may be a good idea for you to slow down a bit and become familiar with the terminology and the process before trying to do it.

OP
N

NEHP

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
I moved this post to your thread to make it a bit easier for the other user and his thread.

Anyway, you need a computer to do that process, it will not work otherwise. And the last part of your question I am not sure what you mean as far as what it is supposed to do. You need to be in bootloader mode to run the SBF. Honestly, it may be a good idea for you to slow down a bit and become familiar with the terminology and the process before trying to do it.

Cool.
Like what is the phone gonna do when it goes into bootloader mode? Is the screen going to change? Yeah I think your right, all I know about phones is how dial, text and keep it simple. This is my first time messing with any phone.
As for terminology what does SBF stand for? And what does it do?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The screen would be all black with some text on it, among which it would say "bootloader (and a number)" at the top.

As far as what SBF stands for, I believe the actual term is .sbf but people say you SBF because its easier then saying you "flashed a .sbf file." Essentially it wipes you phone completely and restores whatever system version file you chose.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

OP
N

NEHP

Reaction score
JSM9872 said:
The screen would be all black with some text on it, among which it would say "bootloader (and a number)" at the top.

As far as what SBF stands for, I believe the actual term is .sbf but people say you SBF because its easier then saying you "flashed a .sbf file." Essentially it wipes you phone completely and restores whatever system version file you chose.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_GNEX

Ah alright alright. :knowledge: