Tried upgrading, stuck at Motorola Logo

justin.koby

Reaction score
I was on rooted on OTA 2.3.3. I couldn't get Clockwork to load, so I SBF'd to 2.3.20. Ran Z4Root, installed Droid2Bootstrap, rebooted into clockwork, cleared data & cache, and ran Liberty3D2-1.0Gold.zip. Now I'm stuck at the Motorola Logo.

I have tried wiping data again, but still stuck.

I tried to SBF back and I got the same error.

I've been searching the Internet, but can't find a solution. Anybody have something similar happen to them? Am I doing the procedure incorrectly?

OP
J

justin.koby

Reaction score
Never mind. I SBF'd back to 2.3.20, ran the Verizon OTA update to 2.3.3. Ran OneClickRoot, installed droid2bootstrap, and then ran Liberty install. I now have the spinning eagle.

khazdar

Reaction score
i've done the same thing.. twice. still get the red moto bell.

i dont get it.

wtj104

Reaction score
I was having the same issue. I finally retried it for the third time and had success. My only differences on this go around were:
- Re-downloaded the ROM file
- Wiped Dalvik cache before flashing it.

I'm not sure if either of those steps were the key, but hope it helps!

vagabond

Reaction score
Never mind. I SBF'd back to 2.3.20, ran the Verizon OTA update to 2.3.3. Ran OneClickRoot, installed droid2bootstrap, and then ran Liberty install. I now have the spinning eagle.
wipe data/cache and dalvik cache....no success...

I don't know what it is but i've done this EXACT method around 4-5 times and every single time i'm stuck at the red moto logo with no recourse but to sbf back to 2.3.2. This is highly frustrating. (and the definition in insanity i do believe) I tell you what i noticed while doing all this though. The sbf file i have for 2.3.2 is around 455MB and the zip file for lib3v2 is something like 150MB. Also, just for shi*s and giggles i attemted to unzip the rom zip file and got an explosion of errors with it ultimately having to be aborted. Can anyone else out there unzip the lib3v2 file and explore its contents? Might just be a garbage download that i've got for a rom file here. Another thing is i was watching it attempt to install the liberty rom and the install lasted for seconds literally... I remember a rom install taking quite a bit longer than that, Sometimes several minutes in fact. liberty text scrolls up, umount text , some other stuff...installing system Bam done! all in about 10 seconds. that's not right. Anyhwho, i'll probably be stuck on 2.3.3 OTA until i can get a new phone... feelsbadman.

vagabond

Reaction score
sbf'd back to 2.2 -> OTA to 2.3 -> Root, boot-strap -> download lib 3v2.0 put it on SD card -> did an MD5 Checksum on it while it was on the sd card of my phone and it checked out. Crossed fingers and installed...whataya know...it worked! I'm thinking it was a bad download in the beginning that caused my debacle. whatever...I'm rocking now. thanks all.