Update Issue

kixfan

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 20u AT&T
Twitter
kixfan
Hello all
Just wondering if anyone besides me has this issue and/or has a solution. My Note 3 shows an update for Google (the search app). I click update, it downloads, tries to install, and then tells me " application cannot be installed it the default app location". I thought maybe the app ended up getting moved to my SD card but it shows that it is on the phone and not the SD. I have plenty of available space on my phone so it's not a lack of room issue. I've tried clearing the data, clearing the cache, etc. My phone is Note 3 on AT&T, rooted, and running Alliance Rom. I'm still on 4.4.2 and havent updated to 4.4.4 because I dont want to lose my root and have to wipe my phone. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Dennis

Last edited:
All those views and nobody knows a fix for this? It's driving me crazy! LOL

Have you tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling?

Yes I have also wiped the cache and deleted the data. I also have this issue with Google+ and dropbox apps as well. I tried uninstalling dropbox through Titanium since its preloaded and cant be uninstalled normally. It wouldnt let me reinstall because I get the same message. I ended up having to reinstall the old version from back-up. I've tried everything short of wiping the phone, which I really don't want to do.

Back