update won't install

gvhorwitz

Reaction score
I'm sure that you've all seen this question, but I can't find an answer on the forums. So please guide me or redirect me if possible.

I've seen a message that my phone has downloaded a update and when I've attempted to click and reboot, it just counts down and...nada. This has been going on for months now.

The download is 4.08.605.15

I"m sure I'd benefit from the update, but since I don't seem to have any luck, the "update" message just comes up over again and again. either way, I'd be happy just to have it stop. Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance

My phone is the incredible

benner

Reaction score
Not sure if you want to install it. My gf has my old incredible and with the new update it won't download picture messages and reboots constantly from 2am to 5am

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
G

gvhorwitz

Reaction score
benner said:
Not sure if you want to install it. My gf has my old incredible and with the new update it won't download picture messages and reboots constantly from 2am to 5am

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Well... Maybe not then. Thank you

chickaholic

Reaction score
This is a minor build update (not a major OS update) but worth installing as it corrects a few nuisances. Call VZW tech support and they will help you check your settings and get it installed. You still should be able to download pictures. Rebooting automatically between 2-3 am is a known issue on the old DINC, along with the 'insufficient memory' (when there is plenty) and the 'UIDs are inconsistent . . . I'm Feeling Lucky' messages (I just dealt with that one on my phone last weekend). They appear out of the blue but are not disastrous. After the major OS update from froyo to gingerbread, my DINC rebooted itself 5-6 times in a row in the wee hours of the morning for a few days. It may also do that after a factory reset. I found that plugging in the phone at night, with data or wifi on, in a place where you can't hear the drooooiiiiid when it reboots, works itself out in a few days (Perhaps you also could put it on vibrate to silence the bootup sounds???). It appears it is trying to reconcile the settings, apps, etc. to a homogeneous state. This DIDN'T happen on my phone after the 4.08.605.15 minor update (again, not a major update and won't wipe your data). That doesn't mean it won't auto reboot on yours but even if it does, it is only a temporary annoyance. Best of luck with the install! Don't be afraid of it.

Last edited:

scottzilla

Reaction score
Yup, my DINC does the same thing. 3-2-1....nothing. Doing it since August.