Vehicle mount and speaker phone usage anyone?

mike62

Reaction score
To be honest I don't even know yet how to use the speakerphone. Regardless, what I was thinking about was getting the vehicle mount and maybe putting it in close proximity so when I receive a call I could talk via the speaker phone. I hate the bluetooth ear pieces.

Has anyone used this technique or the speaker phone in general very much yet?

Thanks.

heem

Reaction score
it works pretty well. it doesnt even need to be that close. My FJ Cruiser has a huge dashboard so the phone is almost a full arms length away from me in the mount, and people say it sounds fine.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i have my mount on my dash as well and i've had no complaints. i use either the speaker phone on the device itself or, since i use my Droid for music as well in the car I'll have it plugged into the car stereo... thus the 'speaker phone' comes thru the car audio.

OP
M

mike62

Reaction score
Thanks. I saw a thread on here where VZW had a sale on the mount so I was thinking about getting it.

heem

Reaction score
since i use my Droid for music as well in the car I'll have it plugged into the car stereo... thus the 'speaker phone' comes thru the car audio.

See that's funny. First time I used the speakerphone when I had it connected to the stereo it DID come through the car stereo speakers - the result of which was alot of feedback and an unpleasent phone call. However now it seems that even if i'm playing pandora or mp3 files, it cuts out the audio and puts the speaker phone through the phone's speaker - which I like better. I don't think I changed any settings to get this behavior.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If there's a 3.5mm cord plugged into the headphone jack into the car stereo it should ALWAYS come thru the speakers when you answer... mine does :)

tommyz

Reaction score
since i use my Droid for music as well in the car I'll have it plugged into the car stereo... thus the 'speaker phone' comes thru the car audio.

See that's funny. First time I used the speakerphone when I had it connected to the stereo it DID come through the car stereo speakers - the result of which was alot of feedback and an unpleasent phone call. However now it seems that even if i'm playing pandora or mp3 files, it cuts out the audio and puts the speaker phone through the phone's speaker - which I like better. I don't think I changed any settings to get this behavior.

I am using the AUX jack and this is how mine works. It switches to the phone's speaker. This is ok with me and works verywell. I have my phone in a power outlet holder down on the center panel.