Verizon Pushed Updates to Several Devices Recently: Turbo 2, Galaxy S5 & Note 4

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motorola-droid-turbo-2-cracked-black-backg.jpg

Verizon just spent the last few days pushing out updates to 3 of their most popular devices from the last couple of years. The Droid Turbo 2, Samsung Galaxy S5 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 all received updates that ranged from bug fixes to security hole plugs. Here's a breakdown:
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 4 new software version VRU2CPF3 = security patch.
  • The Galaxy S5 new software version VRU2DPF4 = bug fix in which “the device couldn’t be unlocked, even when using the correct PIN or pattern unlock code.”
  • Motorola DROID Turbo 2 new software version SU1.75B: 24.14.16 = “fixes device charging issues.” (This one just started rolling out this morning, so you might not see it for a day or two.)
It's good to see Big Red's techs are knocking stuff out.

And Still no Marshmallowy Love for the OG Droid Turbo! :(

Installed mine this morning. I'll be curious to see if it makes a difference. I just got my T2 last week (gently used), so I don't truly have much to compare it to. The battery life has been disappointing, but I am also still moving into it, so I was chalking that up to heavier than "normal" use. No known charging issues prior to the update.

I pulled down the t2 update already ..nothing special..just some fixes..

Installed mine this morning. I'll be curious to see if it makes a difference. I just got my T2 last week (gently used), so I don't truly have much to compare it to. The battery life has been disappointing, but I am also still moving into it, so I was chalking that up to heavier than "normal" use. No known charging issues prior to the update.
Battery life seems to have suffered with the last big update ..quiet a bit...I used to get a full day with lots of screen on..now I get less of both .maybe this update will help...doubt it .

Back