Virtual keyboard not popping up!!! HELP

1craftynurse

Reaction score
I have the Droid Incredible 2 for a few months now and I loved it until last night.
My virtual keyboard will not pop up. When I try to type in a text message, it just vibrates but the keyboard does not show up. Doesn't work in search, facebook, email; anything. I'm freaking out because now I can't even text. The phone still works as a phone but a VERY expensive phone. HELP!

I have the Droid Incredible 2 for a few months now and I loved it until last night.
My virtual keyboard will not pop up. When I try to type in a text message, it just vibrates but the keyboard does not show up. Doesn't work in search, facebook, email; anything. I'm freaking out because now I can't even text. The phone still works as a phone but a VERY expensive phone. HELP!

Factory data reset and that should fix it!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Of course that was an issue my son had on his inc 1 factory data reset and first backup all your apps to sd! Or cloud based app or backup pro or etc..

I reset the phone and the keyboard is working again. Yay! But now how do I make it be a phone again? Its saying "no signal" etc. HELP! I'm phone stupid :)

I reset the phone and the keyboard is working again. Yay! But now how do I make it be a phone again? Its saying "no signal" etc. HELP! I'm phone stupid :)

I didn't let it reprogram itself. I figured it out!!! Yay for me! Thanks for your help :)

Back