Waiting on my Revolultion

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hello. The sdcard should be near the battery somewhere. Take the back cover off the phone.

Battery saving tips as applies to all android phones:

-Set screen time out to 30secs or less
-Turn auto sync, wifi, bt, etc off if not using it
-Turn screen brightness down or use auto brightness
-Never use an auto task killer, and try not to manually kill tasks either
-Dont use apps that take alot of bg memory up, find an alternative similiar app that uses less memory
-Reduce the amount of widgets you have on the home screen

You should be able to copy and past by long pressing message text or hitting menu button.

You should be able to set music as ringtone within music player.

Good luck with the device. Let us know how you like it.

Sent from my fascinate

I think you misunderstood my question about the SD card. I was wondering what folder to store the e-books and Music in, or does it not make a difference?

You can store them anywhere on the sdcard I believe. I just have a folder called music on my sdcard. Your music app should recognize music stored anywhere on the sdcard. You can prolly store ebooks anywhere too. You may need to download an app to read ebooks like quick office, etc.

Sent from my fascinate

OP
A

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know of a better keyboard? Also. What is the best reader for e-books in a varity of formats such as .mobi, pdf etc...

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

devinhfox

Reaction score
Thanks. Do you know of a better keyboard? Also. What is the best reader for e-books in a varity of formats such as .mobi, pdf etc...

SwiftKey is pretty good. I think it costs 2$

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

sandbagger40

Reaction score
Questions about the Revolution

This might be a little off topic, but this is the only thread I've found about the Revolution. Is it possible with the front-facing camera to do video calls like face time on the I phone? If not, then what is the purpose of a front-facing camera?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Yea swift key or smart keyboard are good. The htc ime keyboard is floating around here somewhere on the forums or at xda forums too. There should be an apk version that would be easy to install.

Sorry I dont know much about ereaders I just use the nook app to download books sometimes.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
This might be a little off topic, but this is the only thread I've found about the Revolution. Is it possible with the front-facing camera to do video calls like face time on the I phone? If not, then what is the purpose of a front-facing camera?

You need an app that will take advantage of the hardware like skype. Theses phones were suppose to come equipped with skype, but I believe android ran into problems with microsoft buying skype.

Sent from my fascinate

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Here is a post on xda forum about the htc ime keyboard http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1110945 HTC_IME, much better keyboard than stock

Sent from my fascinate

OP
A

AstroBoy

Reaction score
Thanks. The HTC IEM keyboard would not work. I downloaded Swiftkey X beta and that seems like a vast improvement.

I've found a couple of book readers, but none seem as good the Mobipockek I had on the BB. Some major differences in formatting.

I've got a couple of other questions however.

Is it possible to set an MP3 as the default for message notifications? I could do it for phone ringtone, but can't seem to do it for messages.

Also why is the Facebook for LG app less featured that the normal FB app? Can I delete the one for LG?

What is the best web browser for Android? Opera, Firefox, Dolphin, the native browser?

laterr

Reaction score

You need an app that will take advantage of the hardware like skype. Theses phones were suppose to come equipped with skype, but I believe android ran into problems with microsoft buying skype.

Sent from my fascinate

I haven't tried it yet but you should be able to use Tango to make video calls.

OP
A

AstroBoy

Reaction score

Sent from my fascinate

I haven't tried it yet but you should be able to use Tango to make video calls.

Can Tango connect to Skype users? Will Skype work on Android anymore?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks. The HTC IEM keyboard would not work. I downloaded Swiftkey X beta and that seems like a vast improvement.

I've found a couple of book readers, but none seem as good the Mobipockek I had on the BB. Some major differences in formatting.

I've got a couple of other questions however.

Is it possible to set an MP3 as the default for message notifications? I could do it for phone ringtone, but can't seem to do it for messages.

Also why is the Facebook for LG app less featured that the normal FB app? Can I delete the one for LG?

What is the best web browser for Android? Opera, Firefox, Dolphin, the native browser?

I am not sure how to set mp3s as notification, maybe you can do it in goSMS.

I believe the facebook app for lg is different...you may have to root to get rid of it, see if u can download facebook for android in the market.

The web browsers that perform the fastest imo are stock and miren browser. Dolphin mini isnt bad, but dolphin regular is kind of slow. Firefox doesnt have flash. Your browser may not be stock android because of what lg has done to the interface.

Sent from my fascinate

Last edited: