Warning - master reset issues

jneusch

Reaction score
I have now gone through 2 Revos that both required a master reset. The first due to BT issues and the second due to hotspot issues. Both times the master reset fried the sim card making it unable to read. Even a sim replacement would not work. I really liked this phone, but not being able to consistently use its features is a deal breaker. Best Buy has been great. They changed me out of the Revo and into a Charge tonight. Hopefully that will get it done. :)

RIO5

Reaction score
Yes I can testify to this. I did the master reset and my phone 'claimed' that there was no SIM card. I called customer service and they said the problem was just the SIM card. The real problem was my phone and not my SIM card. Ill think twice about doing a master reset again.

Big Cam

Reaction score
Master reset fried my SIM card too, after 3 hours at Verizon, they finally got my original phone fixed with a new SIM. They almost gave me a new phone.

If I ever have to do it again, I'll remove the SIM first.

Sectime

Reaction score
I came across this thread AFTER I did a reset... I had no problems in fact My 4G download and signal strength is better after reset. Go figure:greendroid:

Sectime

Reaction score
Well that's some good news, maybe we are just a select few cases.
It is my luck though to see a "OMG Don't do this" just after I did it.
Had it fried my SIM Card that would have tipped the scales to return the phone.
This phones reception on WiFi and 4G is not nearly as good as my Tbolt was. I'm hoping it is just my phone, refer to luck above:)
I have another week to decide.

RIO5

Reaction score

I don't think that's possible, I could be wrong. Once I powered my phone back on after I did the reset, an error popped up saying to 'insert SIM card', even though the SIM card was in there. When I had the master reset issue, the phone was useless until the SIM card was working. From what I understood about the problem...no SIM card then your phone wont work at all, which means you cant do a reset.

Big Cam

Reaction score

I don't think that's possible, I could be wrong. Once I powered my phone back on after I did the reset, an error popped up saying to 'insert SIM card', even though the SIM card was in there. When I had the master reset issue, the phone was useless until the SIM card was working. From what I understood about the problem...no SIM card then your phone wont work at all, which means you cant do a reset.

Although I haven't tried it so I can't prove you right or wrong, I think it might work, because it's hard coded in the phone. You hold the power button and volume down button from an off position and it brings you to a screen that says are you sure you want to reset.

Again I can't verify it, but I think this menu comes up before the SIM issue since the SIM issue comes up after the phone loads up.

Milton515

Reaction score
I done a master reset a few days ago and my phone didn't recognize my Sim card and after a hour on the phone wit CC they finally got it fixed.... They had me remove my sim card for 10 seconds and put it back and reboot my phone and after that my phone recognized it again

Sent from my VS910 4G using DroidForums

Big Cam

Reaction score
I actually have done a hard reset with the SIM card out, and this is definitely the best way to do a hard reset IF you need to do a hard reset. Then once the android OS loads up, it asks for the SIM card, you then turn it off, put i the SIM and start it back up, unfortunately I've done this 4 times now.