What can I do with this bad boy now that it's ROOTED?

smiller7117

Reaction score
Just rooted my phone the other day. Mainly for the wireless tethering. But, can't seem to get that to work. I've read several threads about how alot of people's phones are having similar trouble. (Something wrong with wifi following the software update)
I'm a little hesitant to switch to a different ROM for the fear of "Bricking" my phone. I got everything backed up on my SD with Titanium Backup. But It seems like nothing is safe after the update or whatever. I don't even know if I've got gingerbread. Pretty new to all this root mumbo jumbo but I'm determined to get something out of it. Lol. I'm just wondering what the better (as well ax safe) ROMs or themes are. If anybody gets a minute to help me our, it would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

silver6054

Reaction score
First determine if you have Gingerbread. Go to Settings>About Phone and look at Android Version. If it is 2.3.3, you have Gingerbread.

Then read the threads in this forum and others about rooting, clockwork etc. I suggest you don't try anything until you know the "root mumbo jumbo" as it's easy to get stuck (not really damaging the phone, but needing help).

Oh, and with the release of the later Moto phones, I don't think we can call this a "bad boy" any more!

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
I hear ya. I do have gingerbread. I think I know enough not to mess anything up. But I don't know how I'm wanting my phone to look. It doesn't look too bad now but I'm off work today, nothing to do, no one to bug me, and I wanna tweak this thing lol. Hard to find what I'm looking for when I don't even know what I'm looking for. I just thought rooting was so much more amazing than this.
Anywho, ill keep reading. Thanks bud

silver6054

Reaction score
I hear ya. I do have gingerbread. I think I know enough not to mess anything up. But I don't know how I'm wanting my phone to look. It doesn't look too bad now but I'm off work today, nothing to do, no one to bug me, and I wanna tweak this thing lol. Hard to find what I'm looking for when I don't even know what I'm looking for. I just thought rooting was so much more amazing than this.
Anywho, ill keep reading. Thanks bud

So looks like you have already changed the font! I assume you have played with the homescreen replacements, GO, LauncherPro, AWS which have lots of themes?

OP
smiller7117

smiller7117

Reaction score
Just messed with the font boot animation and stuff.
...I'm one of those people who are never satisfied. So as long as I got nothing else to do, I'm gonna get as much info about all this as I can.